As I was cleaning behind the toilet I realized the injustice in this life. Why is it that mothers are "expected" to clean the bathrooms when it's the males that make them so stinky?
Roman is officially day time potty trained! We've gone 2 whole days without a single accident. This morning he even woke me up at 6am saying he had to go potty but since he had a diaper and it was too early I ignored him. Sure enough when we woke up for good he had pooed in his diaper- something he hasn't done a while. My smart boy. Anyways back to cleaning.
Matt is a very clean guy but somehow there's always pee on/around the toilet. Now adding Roman to the mix and my bathrooms smell like urine 24/7! So I've decided that the toilets will be one of Roman and Matt's chores once Roman is a little bigger.
Roman's "chores" so far include:
*cleaning up his toys (which he's great at and loves to do)
*wiping his spot on the table after he eats (again-he loves!)
*helping feed Zeus (he either pours the food I scoop out for him or he holds the bowl. and he MUST be the one to carry it back to it's spot.)
*carries his dishes to the sink (if they have food he dumps it in the trash. thank you CDC for teaching him that one!)
*throwing away his diapers (yay for not needing that except 2x a day now!)
In our new home we will continue recycling soda cans, large plastic items, and paper. I think it'll be Roman's job to help with sorting (yay for educational skills)! I'm also going to teach him to put his dirty clothes in the bin and then he will help with sorting the laundry when it's done (probably just "find all the socks Roman" to start with).
Anyone else have chores for their 2 year old? Any neat system I should set up or avoid? I don't see the point in rewarding him since at this point he just plain enjoys doing it...
Roman is officially day time potty trained! We've gone 2 whole days without a single accident. This morning he even woke me up at 6am saying he had to go potty but since he had a diaper and it was too early I ignored him. Sure enough when we woke up for good he had pooed in his diaper- something he hasn't done a while. My smart boy. Anyways back to cleaning.
Matt is a very clean guy but somehow there's always pee on/around the toilet. Now adding Roman to the mix and my bathrooms smell like urine 24/7! So I've decided that the toilets will be one of Roman and Matt's chores once Roman is a little bigger.
Roman's "chores" so far include:
*cleaning up his toys (which he's great at and loves to do)
*wiping his spot on the table after he eats (again-he loves!)
*helping feed Zeus (he either pours the food I scoop out for him or he holds the bowl. and he MUST be the one to carry it back to it's spot.)
*carries his dishes to the sink (if they have food he dumps it in the trash. thank you CDC for teaching him that one!)
*throwing away his diapers (yay for not needing that except 2x a day now!)
In our new home we will continue recycling soda cans, large plastic items, and paper. I think it'll be Roman's job to help with sorting (yay for educational skills)! I'm also going to teach him to put his dirty clothes in the bin and then he will help with sorting the laundry when it's done (probably just "find all the socks Roman" to start with).
Anyone else have chores for their 2 year old? Any neat system I should set up or avoid? I don't see the point in rewarding him since at this point he just plain enjoys doing it...
11:22
Keeley Barr
Posted in: 
0 comments:
Post a Comment