So not much new news on the Germany front. Matt went to the finance briefing to learn about the travel allowances and what not. He also went to the travel briefing which bombarded him with too much information that I now have to go through when I get to Killeen Wednesday night. He did find out we have to inventory all of our stuff and guesstimate the weight of stuff for each room! Yikes!
We spent the weekend down in Houston visiting family. I stayed at Mom's Wed-Fri then Friday night I met Matt at his Aunt Belinda's house and the next day his mom and sister came as well! It was a really good visit and we had so much fun. His aunt even loaded us down with some new pampered chef goodies! Thanks Aunt B!
I just finished writing my last college paper and I am still in shock. Tomorrow I have the first of my last finals!! Its so crazy... my life is definitely not where I thought I would be at graduation but its better! I am happily married, my family is slowly mending, we are all healthy and taken care of, and I am about to actually move to Europe! I never ever thought I would be doing that. Adri was always the big dreamer and traveler but me, I just wanted to graduate college, get married, buy a house, have two kids, be a teacher, and live in one town the rest of my life (although I have never been able to make up my mind on which town!!) Well I did somethings out of order and others are on the back burner until after Germany but that's ok! Obviously I was meant to do other things at this point in my life and I know I am just along for the ride on God's Tour Bus.
Everyone keeps asking if I am excited about Germany and I go back and forth. Yes I am excited about the new things I will get to see and experience but at the same time I am scared silly of going somewhere completely foreign!! I am also sad to be missing such a huge chunk of time with my family and friends. My brothers and sisters and godbrothers and cousins will be so big when I get back!!
Alissa- 19
Cody- 18
Kirsten- 16
Colton- 16
Jacob- 14
Jonathan- 11
Carmen- 10
Cooper- 9
Maxx- 9
Jeralyn- 8
Braden- 7
Jessah-5
Ayanna- 5
That is so depressing and hard to swallow!!! I will miss Cody and Alissa's high school graduations, Kirsten, Colton and Jacob will be in high school and Kirsten and Colton will be driving (now THAT'S scary!!) Jonathan will be in middle school! The twins will be in kindergarten! Bah I don't know how I will handle the home sickness.
For starters I have a webcam and an account on Skype. For those of you who haven't already done so you need to download Skype (its free!) and get set up. You don't have to have a webcam but if you do you can do video calls. All you need is speakers and microphone to make regular voice calls! My name on Skype is keeley.barr and Matt's is mathew.barr so add us if you are our family or friend!!
Well I will update this weekend about more Army stuff. I'm off to bed- last regular two Tuesday classes and first final tomorrow!!!
PS: If you haven't gotten a graduation announcement from me yet then I don't have your address so email it to me! krmcleroy@gmail.com
06:52
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
Babygirl.. I know this is such an exciting yet scary time in your life. I remember going to Adak and I was just a little younger than you. I was soo excited.. but had never lived outside of northeast Texas.. so I had no idea how bad the homesick would be. However, like you said, you have internet.. skype.. I had snail mail and VERY exoensive Alascom for phone service with no special plans. I know that you will miss the kiddos especially as they will al be growing but again with the cam on skype it won't be such a shock .. and you can still tutor them on their homework or Kirs on boy advice.. lol... I love you with all I am and never so grateful to have had a chance to mend before you left. I will not let you down while you are away this I know! Chin up and know that you will be soo very missed but I think I speak for all of us that love you we are sooo happy for yall to have this experience. God's knows what He has planned for you.. sit back and enjoy!! I believe that more than ever.. to trust Him.. wow how I saw doing that this last 2 yrs made such a difference. I love you ... mommy
Post a Comment