Well this last week was busy. Besides the mountain of homework that was due there was also our army stuff. My mom scanned and emailed me my shot records she picked up at CLHS and then I had to go to my dr. in Tyler and get a letter saying I had a physical in Dec. Then Thursday I took Elvis to the vet and he got all of his shots- fun fun- and thank god for the vet! He told me I will need a health certificate for Elvis to get into Germany. Stupid Army just said I'd need his shot records! So I get the health certificate from Germany and have my vet sign it a few days before we leave. After Elvis' appointment I ran around like crazy getting our tax stuff together to get that done and I realised that I didn't have my W2 and I didnt ever remember getting one...so I called my old job and they confirmed that since I stupidly didn't inform them that I had moved, my W2 was returned to them. So I filed for my extension and will get the taxes done eventually in the next month. Then it was my turn for an appointment. The EFMP (Exceptional Family Member Program) is required to screen you if you're going overseas. So I took my paperwork up to the office only to find out they wouldn't except the letter- they wanted my actual records from the physical. Soo I had to call the Dr.s office and have them fax them over while I waited. Well they took 2 1/2 hours to freaking fax them! The whole time I'm sitting in the world's tiniest office with kids in and out and spongebob playing on the tv. Joy. The receptionist took pity on me and she kept calling my dr.s office every 20 minutes. So they finally faxed in my records and the lady just read over them, signed something, and faxed them on to Family Travel office. It took 10 minutes. Why I had to wait around for that I have no freaking clue. That's the Army for you. The rest of the day was boring. When I got home Matt was asleep on the couch and he stayed asleep the rest of the night except for two 20 minute stints where he was awake. And he slept until 11am Friday!! Sheesh. Friday night we just hung out at the wonderful Barr sr. household with the fam.
So besides the mountain of homework that is still due over the next three weeks we just need to send Elvis' records to Family Travel, I need to take an online anti-terrorism class, Matt has to go to the Travel briefing and schedule our household good shipping dates, finish the paperwork on the car, and get Matt's passport! Sounds like alot but not really. This next week I'll do the class and Matt will do the briefing and get his birth certificate/passport.
Matt has a four day weekend at the end of this month and we'll probably head to Houston just to let you know! Next week we're going to the lake and fishing- joy. Well need to finish my hw for the week. I keep getting distracted because we're watching Teen Cribs on MTV and its making me sick!! But anywho until next week- tschüs!
22:29
Keeley Barr

0 comments:
Post a Comment