Today we started organizing the house/cleaning things out to make it easier on the movers and so things get boxed together/more systematically. After working on that for a while we put together Elvis's new kennel approved for airplanes and while Matt finished it I started looking for the Europe health certificate to print off to have my vet sign to only come across several sites that basically told me:
1. Elvis has the wrong microchip for Europe. This means he needs a new chip or I have to buy a scanner to take over there for customs to use. A new chip is by far the cheaper option but some sites said the chip had to be in longer than 30 days and others didn't mention it. Ugh! I'll call the vet Monday to see what they say and if they have the right type of chip. If not then I'll price scanners. I also need to call Family Travel and give them a piece of my mind for not telling me any sort of pet policies (even after I said I am taking my dog).
2. Some sites said the health certificate needed to be signed by the USDA office in Austin and others (and the certificate) say that a vet can sign it. Another question for the vet.
3. Other sites mentioned a pet passport on top of a health certificate. I will ask the vet (who seemed knowledgeable about travel last time I was there) AND Family Travel.
4. Some airlines have certain pet carrier specifications (like metal latches on the side of the kennel not plastic). I don't know which airline I will be on. Another question for Family Travel.
5. Airlines supposedly need to be able to feed and water the animal without opening the cage- and the cages need to have attached food/water containers. I have yet to see a kennel that has a slot to open to feed the dog (water I get) so how do they get the food through the holes?? I bought the wrong kind of attachable bowls anyways so gotta go return those to Walmart and try Petco now.
Overall a very frustrating evening. Oh and I also sliced open my pinkie while cutting sweet potatoes (sweet potato fries- yum!). Ouchie.
05:26
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
Wow.. that is alot of work for a doggie!! We had Shelby when we came back to Texas but we were only in Hawaii.. and I remember the kennel thing.. I thought they only gave them water .. who knows these days! Hang in there.. it will come together! love you
Post a Comment