Friday, May 29, 2009

So much!!

Well so much has happened since I last post! Movers came last Friday and wow what a nightmare...ok it really wasn't that horrible but after they left we realised so much they didn't pack! Absolutely NO liquids whether sealed, new, etc or not. Not even my wet ones! No candles (but I had hid some they didn't notice hehehe) and then they didn't pack some random but necessary things in the kitchen. For instance they packed everything in the drawer under the oven except one- the expensive broiler pan! And then in my bedroom when I went to sweep behind the door I found my graduation presents from Wella and Monica! Grrr! Oh and they also wouldn't pack any food except in cans (said bugs would get in it) and no medicines (they gave no reason for this). Ugh! So we brought all that over to Matt's Aunt's house and we're going to box it up so she can ship it to us once we have an apt. We've been staying at Connie and Jerry's house since Friday and loving it! Saturday Jerry bbq for us then we went to their neighbors and partied. Fun times. Sunday we spent all afternoon cleaning the house and doing yard work so we could clear housing. This week Matt and I have been running around everywhere!



Tuesday we went and got our plane tickets so the biggest news is we fly out on Tuesday- June 2nd!!! But the downer was that United was booked through June 15 and they're the only airline with a/c in the luggage area for pets so we have to fly American and if the temperature at DFW is above 85 degrees then they won't let him fly with us!! =-( So if that happens he'll go home with Mom or Nana and they will have to ship him to us. Ugh! Also on Tuesday the housing people were supposed to come over and clear the house. Our appointment was for 3pm. At 3:15pm I called to verify we were on their appt list and they said yes but the inspector was running behind and there was only one in the field that day. Called at 4pm and asked again "are we on the list" and they said yes the inspector is on her way. I went to the post office then to turn in our keys but after waiting in line behind 22 people they just told me that I didn't need to turn them in I could just throw them away. Ugh! I got back at home at 5pm and Matt was on the phone with the housing office and they were trying to say we didn't have an appointment. Whatever! Eventually the lady showed up (around 5:30!!!) and cleared us after charging us $20 for a vent cover for the fan above the stove that was "missing" (it was never there but I didn't know it was supposed to be on my initial walk through). Whatever. At least it was clean enough for their standards.

***Internet collapsed for a few days and I lost the rest of this post so here it is Sunday, May 31***

Thursday was more running around, cleared housing, and then yummy mexican food courtesy of Mawmaw (Connie's Mom)!!

Friday Matt went and picked up his file and he was officially cleared from Fort Hood (YAY!!) and then we drove to Belton to the courthouse to get his birth certificate. After that long hot drive we were told they don't do out of state birth certificates (Matt was born in Oklahoma). Waste! Then we had to go back to Copperas Cove, stopped at Walgreens and had Matt's passport photo taken, rushed to Connie's and picked up Elvis and took him to the vet. The vet checked him over and wrote out his health certificate and gave him a pill to sedate him for the plane ride. The vet also wrote a waiver that said Elvis could fly up to 90 degrees so hopefully the airport will accept that. Friday evening we hung out at the house and played dominoes and Skipbo til late. Matt and I also learned that we are not having a teenage daughter. If and when we have a girl she will be living with someone else when she turns 15!!! LOL

Saturday we stayed at home all day except for taking the family out to Whataburger for our last time and then Matt and I went to the last Fort Hood BBQ with our usual crew. I'm gonna miss those people!!

Today we've made a Walmart and Mcdonalds run and I'm just doing laundry and packing today. Plus going through stuff I want Connie to ship me once we get our house. We got up early this morning so after dinner we can take a nap until it's time to sign out at midnight and drive to Longview. We'll get to Longview about 4:30am and let ourselves in and try and get some sleep til 9am or so. Matt and the boys are probably going to go fishing and get the truck detailed (since we never got a chance last week) and Mary and I are going out lunch and pedicures and just hang out then doing dinner with Mom and Nana and the family then back to Mary's for the night. Then Tuesday Mom and Nana will come pick us up from there and we're off!!

I don't know if I'll post again but if not I'll post once I'm in Germany with internet! Auf Weidersein!!!

1 comments:

Kel said...

I miss you already.. just so ya know!! I LOVE YOU! As I type this you are over the water .. got the site pulled up grandaddy told me about .. it's just like when we track Santa haha... xoxoxoxo

Post a Comment