Friday, February 12, 2010

14 week checkup

Both Baby Barr and Mama are doing great! I've only gained about 5lbs (but that's weighing the afternoon in full winter geat) ;-) Baby Barr has finally caught up on growth. Normaly he/she has been measuring about a week too small but now he/she is about 3 days-a week bigger! We like big babies!!! We got to see the skinny little legs and feet which Baby decided to keep nice and tightly closed for us so we still don't know the gender. In fact we don't even know how adorable our baby is because he/she kept it's face hid. The baby was turned towards my back so all we could see was the cute tushy and spine and back of the head. The Dr. tried forever to get a good shot and even jiggled my belly around to see if the baby would move but no such luck. She even showed us in 4D but all we saw was back. Oh well I guess we'll have to be like everyone else and find out at 18 weeks. I go back March 11. It's so frustrating because everyone knows or is finding out next week and I have to wait :-( and 2 of the girls that know/find out next week are just as far along as me!!! And everyone is having girls. I said since the baby is keeping HER legs closed it means she's a girl lol. Matt wasn't as thrilled with this. In fact he was like a big baby himself and pouted as we left the office lol. We both just really want to start buying stuff but most of the stuff we can't because we need to know gender!!!


Well today we went to a german store called Baby Studio that a girl from the school said she'd bought an american crib at- pshaw. The store wasn't too impressive although they did have a larger selection that other stores we've been to. I still don't like the german cribs so tomorrow we're going to order our crib, glider/ottoman, and mattress from the PX. We have to order it now because it can take up to 6 months to receive it!! Oh and we've changed our mind on the crib because the one I originally picked out only came in one color (espresso) but we didn't like anything else in that color. This is the crib but we're ordering it in cherry (basically the color of everything in our house except the office lol). The glider/ottoman is also in cherry! The only thing we haven't decided on is a changing table. I want one that isn't an obvious changing table so we can keep it. I like the ones you can keep baskets- love the wicker basket idea. I also like the ones that are just normal dressers. But we may buy the changing bad and see if it fits on my dresser then viola we'll just take off my mirror and put my dresser in the baby's room for now! We also bought this portacrib a few weeks ago and wanted to put it together right away so that's what we did. But the top features (the changing table and infant sleeper) were such a pain we didn't want to take it apart lol. We'll let the movers do that (then they're required to reassemble it!) ;-) I love the colors of it and I don't care if we have a girl- I like blue so she can too! It also has a vibrating feature, plays different music/sounds, and has a night light. Oh best part about it was it was on sale from $150 to $99!!

Speaking of babies I also have a new baby in my life called Nikon. That's right after 2 months of waiting we finally got our Nikon DS3000 SLR Digital Camera with the extra 300mm zoom lens :-) Beautiful pictures to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment