Wednesday, January 26, 2011

We're halfway there..

Matt and I can't believe we (almost) have a 6 month old! We're halfway to having a ONE year old!!! That is just mind boggling. Roman is sitting up but still working on balance (he lasts for a minute before toppling over). He wants to crawl SO bad and is working those legs in the right motion, now if we could just get the arms going too! He is standing though! Matt loves to test him in different ways. We've stood him up holding the couch, his floor mat, and Matt has even tried the bath tub rail (grrrr). He stands great! Again he lasts about a minute and grins away then his little legs get tired and crumple. Roman has been getting random fevers and throwing up randomly as well. The fevers may be teething? The vomit possibly overeating? Man I wish they could tell you what's wrong! I'm not a person who likes to guess.

We had a family photo session this past weekend. We were blessed with sunshine (a rarity) however is was still bitterly cold. Roman did NOT like being out in the cold. After crying through the whole session (there should be some pretty funny photos of it) we had to call it quits when his little hands felt like popsicles. He stuck them in my mouth and after realizing they were toasty in there he fell asleep that way. Made me think of my brother J who always did that (but just because. Not because they were cold).

As for me, I'm doing much better. I've had very stable weeks emotionally. However March (D-day) is approaching quickly so I can't say how long the emotions will STAY stable. Matt has block leave next week and the week after. I took off the first week to be with him. We originally were going to England but I've been WAY too stressed to plan and think about such an important trip. Instead we will do Berlin for a night or two, Ramstein (he wants Chili's), and if time permits a night or two in Garmisch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment