Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bible Study

So I've never done my own personal Bible time. I haven't ever really "learned" how. Does anyone learn how? I would love to know. I've had to resort to just opening up the Bible to random pages and reading whatever my eyes fall on. So far it's been PERFECT for my frame of mind. Coincidence? Maybe...but I don't think so. Two that I'm loving right now:

Job 15
If you were truly wise, would you sound so much like a windbag, belching hot air?

Later on it says "Do you think you're the first person to have to deal with these things?"

(I read the Message Bible if you're wondering about my translation). These things are so me. My flaws. Things I'm having to deal with and try and fix.

Another I liked and it was also perfect for a friend who happened to be visiting me that day:

Job 22 21-25
Give in to God, come to terms with him and everything will turn out just fine...

How do you study the Word?

1 comments:

Kel said...

Hey kiddo.. that is how I started..and God sure guided my hands as I would open it up each morning. I have my Beth Moore study books if ya want me to send you one. Or go to Mardel.com and look through what they have and I will pick you up one. You amaze me my sweet first born babygirl! I am just in awe of the mother wife sister friend daughter and teacher that you have become! Remember.. you are a princess because our Father is the King of kings! xoxo mommy p.s. I have the Women of Faith message bible.. love it!

Post a Comment