I love that I have the first 6 months or so of Roman's life documented so well and then nada.Well one quickie 8mo post. Seriously?! I realize how much I LOVE reading my older posts so I WILL get better. I love to write so why don't I more often?? Maybe it's because lately (well since I was pregnant actually) I have struggled with severe fatigue. My dad claims I'm just lazy but nope not the case. I YEARN to do things and cry because I'm just too stinking tired too. Then when bruising and joint pains became an issue I had some bloodwork done and basically I'm not anemic nor do I have luekemia (THANK GOD!) but I may be in the early stages of arthritis or lupus. They will repeat the tests in 3 months to know more. In the mean time I'm just supposed to caffinate up? Jen asked if working out gives me more energy and maybe it would if I stuck with it but after a week I am then physically exhausted and not just mentally.
I can finally say with confidence that my mental health is back to normal. Thanks to counseling and medication this Mama is no longer struggling with depression! I will be on medicine the rest of my life since depression is a recurring thing with me but I don't care. I get mad at myself when I think about the first few months of Roman's life and how I wasted time being miserable when I should have just gotten help.
Roman, oh Roman. He is not 15.5 months old and already hitting terrible twos! Maybe that means he'll grow out of it faster-ha! He's about 26lbs (probably more now) and I don't know how tall. He is very smart and pretty vocal- even if I'm the only one that truly understands that "shish" means "fish." He LOVES books which makes this Mama EXCSTATIC!!! He has even memorized his favorite book ("oos" by David Shannon) and can "read" it to himself in his crib. How crazy is that?! Some other words he can say (I just "tested" him last night with his flashcards!):
mama
dada
dog
woof woof
milk (nik)
fish (shish)
apple
banana (nana)
tractor
car
vroom vroom
choo choo
*snorts* for pig
shoes
bye bye
MUAH and blows a kiss
ball
mooo for cow
teef (teef teef! when he wants to brush them)
night night (ni ni- this also means pacifier)
more (mo)
please (pees)
thank you (tank chu)
uh oh
*puts hands on head* for oh no
*holds hands out palms up* for what happened?
no no
eat
nose
baby (buhbuh)
up
down
oo-oo-aa-aa (monkey sound!)
I think that's it... We are so proud of him!
Matt is still in Afghanistan but we can say he'll be home before presents! His deployment was shortened PTL! He's had a rough time with this deployment. I hope we transition back to normal fairly easy.
We're headed to London for a few days over Christmas break!! We're traveling with Matt's friend/bunk mate and his family who I've never met but feel like I know thanks to Facebook!
School has been 100% better this year. It still has it's kinks but a) having a curriculum makes ALL the difference and b) I know (mostly) what works! Currently I'm on day 2 of parent conferences. They've all gone very well! I have one more left...Here we go!
13:27
Keeley Barr
Posted in: 
0 comments:
Post a Comment