When they tell you a child will be sick for the first year they're in daycare- they aren't exaggerating. And don't you just love snooty comments from stay at home moms like "that's why my child isn't in daycare." No it's not. It's because you don't have a job. And one day your child will go to school where they will be constantly sick for the first year and miss out on valuable education time whereas my child will not only be advanced from being in "school" his whole life but he will also have a strong immune system. So there! Bah. People should keep their comments to themselves unless asked for them.
Roman has had this awful cough the last few nights. Saturday it started as a throat tickle cough. Sunday at nap time it progressed to rough cough. Sunday night he was coughing so hard he was gagging and turning colors and screaming in between which didn't help with the whole breathing thing. I tried 2 different german cough syrups (all natural) and a german balm safe for kids and then said screw it and used Vicks even though it's not recommended for kids under 2. I also gave him a dose of tylenol because there's no WAY his throat didn't hurt after all that hacking. He still coughed for about an hour after all this but finally we got some sleep. But not good sleep. I woke him up the next AM and he was NOT happy with me and tried to roll over and go back to sleep as I changed him. He's never done that! He had a very cranky day at school and home.
That night (which was last night) he did much better since we started right off with the cough syrup and vicks. Oh and he has a humidifier and his bed is propped up! Coughing didn't start until 5am. I gave him so meds and more vicks but he still coughed until I woke him up at 6:30. And me? Yeah I never got back to sleep. Blegh!
Even with the lack of sleep my kids at school have been awesome. Mostly. They're anxious, like we all are, but still sweet. I received an apology letter from a girl who had a rough day yesterday, a picture from another girl, and a note from a boy saying I was the best teacher in the world and he liked me. :-) Kids rock.
11:17
Keeley Barr
Posted in: 
0 comments:
Post a Comment