Wow so much for my new year's resolution to blog more. 6 months later and here I am to update. In just 3 fast/slow weeks Roman and I will be on a plane on our way to TX for good! Matt will follow behind in August. Today was our last day with Elvis has he was adopted by a wonderful, sweet family. He was getting way to aggressive with Roman and our new puppy Zeus. Plus Roman and Zeus would never leave him alone! The poor old guy deserves to relax in his "retirement years."
We just started potty training Roman 3 days ago. Today I broke down and cried because I felt like I was scarring him for life. I have to pin him down to the toilet when I KNOW he has to go and he screams "I don't want to" or "no potty!" and I'm scared he won't potty train til he's a teenager at this rate! However after that mini break down he had several hours of success which lifted my hopes and renewed my strength. The last 2 days we did the naked from the waist down method but today we put him in underwear. I'm hoping if he can feel the wetness it will help out. The last two days he's just peeing all over everything and not caring. Today though (after a crappy morning- literally) he went 3 whole hours without an accident. That includes a 1 hour trip to the legal office! However as soon as I posted the good news to facebook he wet in 3 pairs of underwear back to back. *le sigh* Then he went another hour with no accidents including a walk to Elvis' new home around the corner and back...hmm maybe that's the key. He won't have accidents out of the house! (HA. HA!) So for now the potty training experiments continue. I refuse to give up because I know he is ready. He's just stubborn and doesn't want to stop playing to sit on a boring potty! Tomorrow we'll try letting him stand on a stool and pee on some cereal...
So why were we at the legal office for an hour? Oh you know, just signing some closing documents for our brand new house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to Casa del Barr! This beautiful 2 story, 4 bedroom, corner lot home is OURS! I never ever thought I would live in a beautiful home like this. I dreamed of it of course. Especially after seeing all my high school friends homes growing up. But me? Psh we were strictly apartment people! Or other people's homes people...but we won't go there. But this baby is ours. We have been saving and saving since Matt's first deployment for a home. And turns out with the VA loan we didn't have to put a penny down which means we will actually have a "cushion" in our savings for those oh-so-unpleasant home owner things like broken water heaters and busted A/Cs! *phew* Hopefully I can get things set up and nice so that way I can get my license as a home care provider! I want to keep 2,3,and 4 year olds and do preschool in my home. Then after school I want to have a few school age kids and do tutoring! I'm praying the Lord will provide this. My dream has been to own my own preschool for a while now and this could be the first steps...of course if things don't work out and money is too strapped I can go back to teaching. But I hope that we can make it at least 3 years until Roman starts kindergarten.
Another cool feature of this house? It's only a few homes down from my Aunt Stacy! Oh AND my "germany family" is ALSO getting stationed in Hood so I'm praying that they find somewhere near us as well. I'm VERY spoiled to having Jen across the street!!!
Hopefully with this whole "stay at home mommy" thing I'll be able to update more often. I just wish I had cool things to post about like my favorite bloggers Kelle Hampton (Enjoying the Small Things) and Jen Jones (iheartorganizing). Even my buddy Jen Parrish (Parrish Platz) posts about cool crafts she does!
We just started potty training Roman 3 days ago. Today I broke down and cried because I felt like I was scarring him for life. I have to pin him down to the toilet when I KNOW he has to go and he screams "I don't want to" or "no potty!" and I'm scared he won't potty train til he's a teenager at this rate! However after that mini break down he had several hours of success which lifted my hopes and renewed my strength. The last 2 days we did the naked from the waist down method but today we put him in underwear. I'm hoping if he can feel the wetness it will help out. The last two days he's just peeing all over everything and not caring. Today though (after a crappy morning- literally) he went 3 whole hours without an accident. That includes a 1 hour trip to the legal office! However as soon as I posted the good news to facebook he wet in 3 pairs of underwear back to back. *le sigh* Then he went another hour with no accidents including a walk to Elvis' new home around the corner and back...hmm maybe that's the key. He won't have accidents out of the house! (HA. HA!) So for now the potty training experiments continue. I refuse to give up because I know he is ready. He's just stubborn and doesn't want to stop playing to sit on a boring potty! Tomorrow we'll try letting him stand on a stool and pee on some cereal...
So why were we at the legal office for an hour? Oh you know, just signing some closing documents for our brand new house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another cool feature of this house? It's only a few homes down from my Aunt Stacy! Oh AND my "germany family" is ALSO getting stationed in Hood so I'm praying that they find somewhere near us as well. I'm VERY spoiled to having Jen across the street!!!
Hopefully with this whole "stay at home mommy" thing I'll be able to update more often. I just wish I had cool things to post about like my favorite bloggers Kelle Hampton (Enjoying the Small Things) and Jen Jones (iheartorganizing). Even my buddy Jen Parrish (Parrish Platz) posts about cool crafts she does!
22:10
Keeley Barr

Posted in: 
0 comments:
Post a Comment