Soo a lot going on...Last Wednesday I had a Dr.s appt- everything's ok they just can't transfer my prescriptions from the US and to get a new one I had to have a check up since my old Dr was not on post and therefore in the system. Boo =-(
Last Thursday we signed our contract for our new flat. It was a funny ordeal because the landlord only speaks a little English (and most Germans say that but they are usually fairly fluent but no, he only speaks a little) so the housing rep. had to translate back and forth: read a paragraph to me in English then to him in German. If either of us had a question he had to talk to that person in their language then translate the whole thing for the other person! But our landlord seems like a nice guy and laid back if we wanted to say get another dog or paint the walls or anything. And if any little thing goes wrong or breaks he wants us to tell him rather than attempt to fix it ourselves. He said it will help with his English and our German lol. He even offered to help us hang big items such as heavy paintings or shelves, etc because he has good tools and he knows where NOT to hammer (because of plumbing or electric).
Friday I was just going to go to the bank on post to open an account (its the only way to pay bills in Germany- blegh!) but THANKFULLY I checked my email while Matt was showering and I had an email saying our car was here and ready for pick up!! A week and a half early (didn't know the Army was capable of such a thing)! So we went and got our car-- soooo nice having one again!! It's weird here though because tax free fuel is rationed for Americans here so they give you a "debit" card which controls your rations and in order to buy gas off post it has to be an Esso station and you have to have money loaded on that "debit" card. On post you just have to show the card and then you can pay however you like. If you don't have your card on you, or don't have any money on it OR you choose to go to a non-Esso station, you have to pay the German price which is double what we pay! We pay .76 Euro cent for a liter (about 2.90 dollars a gallon!!) Holy Moly. Apparently Germany is in a recession as well- didn't know that til I got here!
Saturday we picked up the Barreto's and went to look at a few car lots for something for the guys to drive. They have a 1500 Euro limit but we'd like to stay under 1000 Euro (about 1500 dollars). Found a few possibilities but when we called the guy who owned the lot he didn't speak English at all and we couldn't get anything figured out so we decided to try coming back during the week. Then we went to the big furniture store I saw on my SNAPS trip and looked at some computer desks, "scrapbooking" desks, and coffee tables. Afterwards we went to a Chinese place downtown but they didn't open until 5:30pm so we walked around a little bit. The Chinese place was ok except it was more family style servings and we even ASKED the woman how big the servings were and she said for one person- Pssshh! Thankfully I wasn't hungry so only Matt ordered- and I ate off him and there were STILL leftovers! If you know how much Matt eats at Chinese places then you understand, it was a LOT of food! After eating we went back to the Barreto's hotel room and hung out. The guys had some beers and Jen and I just talked. Oh and watched Transformers on tv (I want to see the 2nd one!!)
Sunday was yet another lazy Sunday for the 3rd week in a row lol. Except I actually got dressed and we ran to the commissary to pick up cleaning things for our new flat. We were supposed to have the Barreto's over for Taco Night but they had to cancel.
Today I have been running around all day! Went to the library to return movies and get some more, went to the bank TWICE to make deposits from our USAA acct to the new acct for our rent and internet. Then later ended up taking Barreto back to the bank so he could open an acct for the same reason. Went to the PX and then had lunch with Matt and the Barreto's at the food court. Mailed my cards FINALLY (sorry Dad, Gdad, and Jake!). Went to the Lending Closet to find out what they offered (dishes, microwave, baby items, etc to use until our household goods come in). Went to housing to have the rep. call Kabel Deutschland to set up my internet for me lol. The internet company will take out the first month's payment (3-5 days) then call and set up an appt. to come install which could be another week or so! While I was at housing the furniture people called me and I was right across from his desk so I talked to him and turns out they have a wait list on washers so won't have a washer/dryer until July 9th...maybe... Then Matt, Barreto, and I went back the car lots to see about test driving and they set up an appt for 5pm today. So I had the guys drop me off here so I could finish laundry and begin packing. Jen is going with them so that makes me feel better lol.
So about to pack up the clothes and things we have bought since being here and then who knows...wait for Matt to get back. So in case you didn't understand the last paragraph- we will NOT have internet for 2-3 weeks at home! I will be checking my stuff every couple of days at the library but I will NOT have Skype!
Wish us luck tomorrow!.....
PS: Continue praying for Amanda's twins! I know she's back in the hospital and they are trying to keep those babies in her for 2 more weeks to get her to 36 weeks but it might not happen. But every day helps!! Pray for her and her fiance to be strong and for the doctors to care for mother and babies!
16:43
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
I was thinking of Amanda when Amber had her baby boy as he was taken to the NICU there at Regional! You will always remain in our prayers but will say a little extra one for moving day! ;-) I love you so much and so happy to see things starting to come together for you!! give Matt hugs for us .. xoxoxoxoxo talk soon.. well in a few weeks! muahs!!!
Post a Comment