Monday, September 21, 2009

More Exciting News

Well UTT has agreed to let me have a supervisor with a masters degree even if they aren't from a university or have their PDAS certification!!!!!! This opens up my options immensely!

Friday night we went bowling with the Barreto's where I was totally off my game! Seriously- like an 89 the first game and 41 the next!! WORST EVER!! After we were done my hubby and I just went home and played cards on our patio and had a few drinks. We both won 3 lost 3 go figure!

Saturday we were bums all day because Matt's had this head cold for like a week and is miserable. We've tried regular sudafed, sudafed pe, tylenol cold multisymptom (the blue liquid), etc. That night though we were going to go meet up with the Barreto's at a medieval fest in Bad Kissingen (don't you love it?) but they called us when we were 10mins away to say it was all shutting down! Bah. So Matt and I drove around town looking for open restaurants, both of us REALLY wanting Chili's and to be in the country of 24 hour drive throughs, and we finally found a restaurant up the hill from us that was open. They were like a greek/german restaurant- pretty cheap and very yummy! We both had pizzas- which are not like our pizzas. First off they are not stingy on the toppings and second their toppings are...different. Mine for instance had whole banana peppers, whole-pits included-black olives, salami instead of peperoni, and tons of mushrooms (Matt gagged). After we ate they brought us each a shot of Ouzo (disgusting!!!) and we think they were trying to tell us it would settle our stomachs after the pizza....no idea. Yeah no english there. But yeah right! Ouzo is black licorice flavored and like 40% and it burns even your lips when it touches it!! And you taste it for the next hour- no lie. I only drank like half the shot and Matt just touched it to his lips and said no way. LoL.

Sunday we did church and Sunday school then we drove to Bamberg to check out their PX. More clothes but other than that its the same. Pretty post though. Last night we grilled steaks, onions, and zucchinis and I had made some pasta and it was AMAZING. I don't even really care for steak but this was unbelievable...even the fatty parts were delicious- and that usually gags me! Also discovered zucchini is great right on the grill- toast it all around and mmm mmmm mmmmm! Afterwards we watched Eragon- lame! so cheesy- and that's about it.

So you've got caught up with the Barr's. Sorry I haven't been online lately, I've been too obsessed with Gilmore Girls seasons 6 and 7 (last one!) =-( Its going to feel like I'm losing a best friend when this is over...Rory and Lorelai keep me company lol and Rory makes me think of Adri...aww now I'm REALLY sad!!!!!

1 comments:

Kel said...

Well sounds like you have been busy! Glad ya didn't end up getting strep throat! All is well on this end. Missing you like crazy but love to read what you are up to!

WOOHOO on UTT agreeing .. now you are not stuck in limbo~ it works out as He has planned for you. Just relax and enjoy this time. One day you will look back.. don't look back and say man I wish we had ...... while we were in Germany. Love you so much xoxoxo to you both.. Mommy

Post a Comment