Saturday, November 7, 2009

Christmas Cheer!

Yesterday I finally got Matt out to Rothenburg ob der Tauber and it is now his favorite city just like me! Unfortunately we forgot how early it gets dark now (4:30!) so we only got to see the Christmas stores but that's ok. Matt was in HEAVEN (as was I)! We even gave in and bought a few more items. After a doner and a schneeballen (a traditional Rothenburg desert) we were headed home only to hit HORRIBLE traffic on the autobahn. Silly me hit the detour button on our GPS..never again at night! It sent us through pitch black twisty roads and lots of villages- probably beautiful during the day but terrifying at night!

Today we were lazy (well, I am sick- sort of). I skipped CCPP because I didn't want to be coughing all over the kiddos and instead Matt and I watched Eagle Eye- Awesome movie! Then Matt was dying to put out the new Christmas items and seeing as how he was in Iraq the last 2 Christmas's and this is our first Christmas together since 2004 AND since he'll be gone most of December I gave in and while listening to Christmas music we decorated our house. The house looks great and we can't wait to get our tree!! Now we are watching The Grinch and I am enjoying a cuppa (cup of hot tea- it's what my British friend Lisa says)! Here are some photos of the Christmas decor- but see Facebook for everything!:















2 comments:

Kel said...

I am sooo glad yall are together this year!! And I am sure like you said you went through some pretty neat lil towns hehe,but can imagine the terror just in your words. I can understand why Matt was eager to get Christmas up..that is a long time to not be in a home filled with love and lots of blinking soothing Christmas decor! I can't imagine.. just glad he is safe with you this year! Love and miss yall! xoxo mommy

Kel said...

p.s. Love Ginny Owens.. So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer
My cries for help
I'll remember the suffering
That Your love put you through
And I will walk through the darkness
If You want me to

Post a Comment