Well first day at SES. I've subbed before but MAN I forgot how much kids like to say: "But Ms. SoandSo does this or that or doesn't let" BLAH! I even told the kids at the beginning of the day: I am NOT Ms. SoandSo. We will do things my way today and there will be no arguing. Ha. Some kids were so bad with this the other students were getting annoyed and reminding them to quit saying that! I can handle "bad" classes but today there were several moments I wanted to put my hands on my ears and sing "LALALLALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" because these kids act so helpless/argue with ME/annoy each other/stay off task!! Thankfully I did NOT do this ;-) In fact the principal was in the room for about 20 mins in the morning helping schedule conferences and I thought the kids were acting so bad while she was in there (that was one of the times I thought about covering my ears and screaming) but that afternoon, in front of me, she told the secretary that I did wonderful in that class and that I even handled a certain child very well. Props! Still, I HATE having to make kids be silent but I hate repeating myself 10000000000 million times even more. Even though we ended on what I thought was a bad note- having to scold the kids for behavior problems right before I dismissed them- and as I was dismissing them!- I still had 2 kids say that I was a very nice teacher :-) I will be back in that classroom on Thursday- wish me luck!
Sorry this is short- dinner's almost ready and I am STARVING!!! All I had today was some grits this AM and a PBJ for lunch. I was going to start going to the gym after school but I forgot how exhausted I get. I figured that I'm barely eating and walking/standing all day so that's good enough for me ;-)
17:40
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
lol well being as they are american kids on sugar overloads.. this blog sounds about like all my teacher friends days..but for a sub I am sure it was worse.. cause ya know how sweet you yall were to ur subs huh?? ;o) I was headed back to the gym today but Hope still isn't well... well.. rest up .. Thur will be here before ya know it! love you xoxo
Post a Comment