Dear Booger,
You are now five months old. I can't believe it! Who are you now? Well you have zero patience and tend to scream when you lose it (you get that from Daddy). You also get VERY cranky when you're hungry (you get that from me). You have discovered your voice and you can be LOUD! There's lots of new sounds coming out of you and they're so stinkin adorable!! But mostly you smile. Your smile is like every cliche song out there.
When I see you smile
I can face the world, oh oh,
you know I can do anything
When I see you smile
I see a ray of light, oh oh,
I see it shining right through the rain
When I see you smile
Oh yeah, baby when I see you smile at me
And it's not just Mommy and Daddy who feel that way. You light up the lives of everyone who sees your smile. And your laugh? Wow it really IS the most precious sound in the world.
At your well baby check up you weighed 16.5lbs (80%) and you are 26.73inches (91%). You are a healthy baby! You are starting to teeth so you drool ALL the time (like soaking through clothes kind of drool). We have to keep a bib on you always now. Some nights it has bothered you but some tylenol and teething tablets have worked so far. We've also now bought Ora-gel but haven't tried it yet. You are also eating baby food now. As of your five month birthday you have had (on top of rice): green beans, peas, carrots, squash, and sweet potatoes. You love it all except the peas which you only tolerate. This weekend we start fruits. :-)
The biggies this month were of course Christmas (which was amazing) and your first fever. The weekend before Christmas you started running a fever but after a couple doses of tylenol and lots of rest it went away. However that night while Daddy was bathing you and washing your ears you began to scream like we've never heard before (and boy- we've heard LOTS of screaming from you!) I finally got you to sleep but you were back up by midnight in pain so we took you to the hospital just to be safe. We thought you might have an ear infection but after a few hours waiting in the german hospital we were told you just had a lot of congestion which was probably making your ears tender. So good news was no infection, bad news meant no way to fix it! The next day you slowly perked up as the day went on and by the day after you were back to yourself.
Today you went to visit your new daycare classroom (or school as I call it with you). You met your teacher, Mrs. Martina, and a few of your classmates: Calista, Shambre (?), and Kevian. You didn't mind staring at them and smiling and they gave you some pats on the head but you didn't like it when you saw another baby in the excersaucer- you wanted in there! You were also not so sure of Mrs. Martina holding you when two of the babies started crying. Overall though you were super excited and trying to move as best you could. Daddy and I think you will be crawling in no time- especially watching all those other kids. You start daycare next Monday. I'm so nervous for you but I know you'll be just fine.
I just want you to know how much Mommy and Daddy love you. You are the best thing that has happened to us. We both smile when we look at old pictures and videos of you but we're not sad to see you grow. We are so excited to watch you change. We love you son.
Love,
Mommy and Daddy
Roman at 5 Days old:
Roman at 5 Weeks old:
Roman at 5 Months old:
Other highlights from this past month:
First sickness:
Daddy snuggles:
Christmas break:
Shirt from Yaya:
20:20
Keeley Barr
Posted in: 
1 comments:
awww looking at his growth in a time line... sad and happy.. sad we can't be there with yall but soo happy you are healthy and happy. Yaya loves you more than you will ever know.. mommy is right...that smile... tear up thinking about it. Yaya loves you to the moon and back a zillion times... xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment