Sunday, December 26, 2010

Roman's first Christmas

There won't be another "First Christmas" for Roman. This was it. It was good. Great.

The day before Christmas I helped Gadi make his first gingerbread house...or attempted to anyways. Thank God he's two and doesn't care!

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
He didn't want to claim it!


Photobucket
My side...

Photobucket
Gadi's side (note to self: don't use marshmellow fluff!)


Christmas Eve was spent in the kitchen for Mommy but somehow that just felt right. I made homemade cinnamon rolls, two homemade pumpkin pies, 4 batches of homemade cookies (are you catching the homemade part? This girl cooked FROM SCRATCH!) plus chex mix and mudbuddies! Part of the time Roman "cooked" with me. He sits in his bouncy seat on the kitchen floor and babbles to me and chews on his links and watches the bubbles in the aquarium. I just talk to him about what I'm doing and respond to his babble as if he were really answering me back. Someone driving by wouldn't see Roman so it'd look like I was the crazy lady (in a Santa apron) talking to herself. That's cool. He's the best helper in the kitchen.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After Roman went down for his morning nap I took a brief break to watch part of "The Christmas Story" (oh Ralphie...I miss you on TNT!) with my hubby. Before it could end though our dear friends (or my "Germany Family" as I call them) called and Gadiel had sliced open his finger down to the bone. They needed to go to the ER so they dropped off my favorite two year old, Gadi! He helped make the chexmix and mudbuddies by pouring in each cup of cereal and all the other ingredients I measured out for him. He added his own flavorings by sampling items and putting them back in the bowl. Oh and flying his helicopter and driving his Thomas Tank in the cereal. He helped stir it all up and did so well at following directions (like "clean that up please" or "no give Keekee the spoon back"). After cooking I laid him down for a nap then laid mine down for a nap and made the cookies. Gadiel returned with two stiches but he was still smiling. I wish I had pictures of Gadi and I cooking. Oh well. Next time!

The afternoon was filled with more baking and getting ready for church. Then I made homemade (!!!) tortellini alfredo, bread, and asparagus for our family dinner. My hubby went all out with our crystal candle holders and glasses. He dug out the folding table (our downstairs is too small to hold our dining room table AND our desk so desk won) and table cloth. We turned off the light and ate by the light from the candles, the garland and tree lights, and our amazing fireplace DVD (you MUST have one if you don't have a fireplace!!) I even had Roman in his high chair playing next to us and smushed up some aspargus to feed him.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After our beautiful (and yummy if I do say so myself) dinner we ventured out in the "blizzard" for church. It was beautiful. Since I started reading my favorite blog this summer, while pregnant with Roman, I have been dreaming of taking pictures at the candlelight service (www.kellehampton.com) and I finally got to do it! Most turned out blurry since I don't know how to take a good picture without the flash (help!) but I got a few keepers. Behold my amazing boys.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



After returning home and reading Roman "The Night Before Christmas" Matt and I got to play Santa for the first time. We put together Roman's house and rearranged gifts under the tree to make them more appealing to the eye. We watched half of "It's a Wonderful Life" and argued over who was going to bed last (and thereby seeing what they got in their stocking). Matt won.

Photobucket



Christmas morning we both took Roman downstairs and gave him his bottle and joked about not peeking. We finished It's a Wonderful Life then got to unwrapping! Roman was very entertained by the santa head on the top of his Reeces tube. Oh and the bows. We thought we were filming it all to only discover that 12minutes into it our memory card was filled and it shut off. Ho hum. It was still awesome and I know it will get better with the years!

Photobucket

Photobucket



Our Germany family came over for breakfasts and the kids exchanged gifts. Then we took a "nap" break and the adults shoveled their own driveways (fun...not. nothing romantic about a white christmas Bing you liar). Then we went to their house for lunch and met up with more friends for the adult present exchange. After playing around we came back over to our house for Christmas dinner. I'm telling you I was SO exhausted! And Roman was totally overstimulated and just done. He refused to take his long naps so by 7pm he was out. I, however exhausted I was, still stayed up to midnight messing around with my new toy (oh yeah, Mama got an iPad!)

Photobucket



Now I'm up to midnight for the third night in a row and my body is screaming at me and I can hear my husband snoring from downstairs. I may not recover. So I will leave you with some pictures of my beautiful snow baby. Good night!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comments:

Kel said...

Sooo glad yal had such a wonderful Christmas babygirl. Did he get his box from me? Did yal? lol.. just didn't see Scout anywhere haha... love you bunches!!!!

Post a Comment