Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rothenburg Christkindlmarkt

Whoa look who's updating again so soon!! Today we went to our favorite German town Rothenburg ob der Tauber for their Christmas market. Rothenburg has many christmas stores all year long so we love going there. I'm sad that I never got Matt there this summer. Adri and I went our first summer here because I read about it in Rick Steve's Germany book and it was gorgeous. Matt's only seen it during winter which is also beautiful but in it's own way. Last year we never made it to the market so I've been very excited about going this year. The market was different than Schweinfurt's because while it is on the main square it also weaves through different streets. So far we haven't been too impressed with the merchandise for sale at the markets because it's either very random or ridiculously expensive but we did find a couple of stands in Rothenburg with great priced stuff. Very christmas-y and/or german-y! Matt and I shared a half-meter hotdog and I tried a Nutella crepe (yummy!). Tomorrow in Nuremburg we're going to get roasted chestnuts (we're taking our own creole seasoning to go with them though lol) and I'm finally going to try gluhwein (hot spiced wine). I was tempted to get a cup of fuerzanghenbowle (hot rum ran through sugar that's on fire!) but decided to go for the crepe instead. Roman slept through the market part but while we were enjoying warm doner kabobs he woke up and ate then we went back out and took some pictures before heading home. Surprisingly it wasn't very cold!






















0 comments:

Post a Comment