So today the man from the moving company came and checked out all of our stuff to guess how many boxes they would need to bring. It took a whole of ten minutes but he was over an hour late so Matt missed all that work for nothing (not that he was complaining). The movers come on Wednesday to pick up our unaccompanied baggage (the stuff we will want immediately in Germany such as a tv, bed stuff, clothes, set of dishes, etc). Then on Friday the movers come and take EVERYTHING. So where will we live until we leave? Well that weekend (Memorial Day weekend) is a three day weekend so after the movers leave Friday we will head to Houston to spend one last visit with Matt's family through Wednesday. Then we have to sweet talk Aunt Connie and Uncle Jerry to let us stay with them in Copperas Cove (20 mins from Fort Hood) otherwise we're stuck at the crappy hotel on post and Im not even sure if the army will reimburse us for it!
Yesterday was just one big headache. First off we were supposed to go to a finance briefing (which Matt had already attended but didn't understand so we needed to go again). The finance briefing explains the Travel Living Allowance (TLA) which covers our hotel, travel, and food expenses while we are waiting for on post housing. However I don't know what is covered, how much, and how to be reimbursed- kind of important!! Well we didn't get to go to that because the stupid Army wouldn't let Matt off work. This is getting so frustrating because we are moving so soon but they won't let him get anything done to prepare for it!! So no finance briefing. Then we needed to get paperwork ready to ship my car this Tuesday and so I called the insurance company and sat on hold forever but got the letter emailed to me that I needed for the lender. The lender on the other hand had 8 different things they needed before they would give us permission to ship the car and then told me after they receive the documentation they needed it would take them 24-48hrs to process it. Then they would fax us a letter to sign and have notarized then we had to fax it back to them and THEN they would fax us a final letter. Now we don't have a fax machine so I had to take it all to Office Depot and fax it from there and when they call asking what my fax number is I'm going to have to figure out what to do! I need to see if UPS has a fax/notary service....
Anyways on the way to Office Depot I had to call ATT and make a warranty claim on my Palm Centro (Dont buy one!!) because Tuesday it quit recognizing my sim card. The ATT store in Longview tried several sim cards and verified that the phone was messed up and it had no damage so I could do a warranty claim. Well I got the two stupidest women in the world...lets just make a long story short and say pray you never have to make a warranty claim through ATT!! My new phone should be in on Monday...thank goodness because right now I am using the cheapest Nokia GO Phone and it's HORRIBLE!
Well the plan for the rest of the day I am praying Matt gets his leave packet signed by his commander so he can start clearing post on Monday. He is supposed to have an awards ceremony for PCSing that I may go to if they allow family to and we are hoping he gets done early enough we can go to Finance and figure out everything. Then its a fun trip to Wally World for some traveling things and then I get to begin organizing the house for the moving crew!
For those of you wondering when we're leaving- as soon as Matt clears Fort Hood (turns in all his stuff, paperwork, briefs, etc) we get to request a travel day. We are going to shoot for June 1 so we can get to Germany and spend time with Adri before she comes home. Matt said if he starts clearing on Monday he should (fingers crossed) be done by Thursday. Please pray so!!
PS Most of you have already been doing so but please continue to pray for Amanda Williams' Twins! They are growing better now so keep the positive thoughts going her way!
20:47
Keeley Barr

2 comments:
You are so sweet to include me and my sweet babies in your blog! I'll have to see what kind of graphics I can find that are travel or German like and will try and put together a background for ya! I mean heck, what else do I have to do these days? Love you girl!!!
We have her on our prayer list at church as well as here at home. Let me know what I can do to help babygirl.. I know how the military moves can be.. hurry up and wait!! I love you so much and as much as I am going to miss you I am excited for you. Like you told Kirs we have skype haha.. it will be like you are just out of town cept no weekend visits... let me know when yall are down here I will come see ya up that way since being on opposite sides of Houston is not like opposite sides of Longview! HAHA... talk soon I am sure.. hang in there.. at least there is a light at the end of this tunnel now! xoxox mommy
Post a Comment