Sunday, July 12, 2009

Life is still rolling along

This last week has been pretty nice! Very relaxing. Tuesday I just hung out at home but did force myself to go outside and run up and down the hill our house is on. Wednesday I went to babysit Baby Gadiel for Jen while she took driver's ed and her test (she passed)! That was fun. He is by far the EASIEST kid I've EVER been around! He didn't even play with his toys he just crawled all over me and we sang (well I sang- he smiled) and "wrestled" and such. He went down for a nap SO nicely and slept for 2 hours then we had about an hour more of eating/playing before Jen got home. Afterwards I drove her and the baby over to housing so she could talk to them and so I could have someone translate my electric contract.

Bills are very strange here! So with the electricity you are given a set amount to pay (usually between 100-200 euros depending on the size of your place). We were told to pay 144euro's a month. Then in January the company looks at your usage and decides whether or not you over or under paid. If you overpaid they reimburse you. If you underpaid you have to pay up. At that time they also decide whether or not to increase or decrease your monthly payments. I'm already a big conserver when it comes to electricity but now I REALLY am conserving because it would be nice to get money back for that in January AND to have the monthly amount decreased!

Anywho after housing we ran to the lending closet so we could both get more kitchen items. The lending closet is a place where you can borrow kitchen items/irons/ironing boards/car seats/ and highchairs while you are waiting on your stuff to arrive or after they pack up your stuff. I dropped Jen off at the commissary and ran home to walk poor Elvis who had been locked up all day long. Then after picking Jen up we went back to her place where the guys were already at and Jen made us chicken fajitas! Yum. She's puerto rican so any hispanic food she makes is SUPERB! We watched "Taken" after that which was a mistake because I'm a scaredy cat/worry wart so of course I had nightmares after that! And I now understand why Adri was freaking out about flying into Frankfurt alone!! EEK!

Thursday I went to the gym on post which wasn't so bad and did some shopping. That night Matt changed the oil in the car at the auto skills center and I learned how to as well! The hardest part for me will be figuring out how to jack it up if I'm at home doing it hahaha. Luckily at the auto place they had mechanical lifts. Matt changed the oil because the mechanic on post wanted at least $65 to change the oil on a little Kia! I was like are you kidding me?? I thought the dealership was bad and they just wanted $34 back in the states! Holy cow. So we decided Matt would have to use his dormant mechanical skills lol.

Friday I didn't feel so good. Achy from the gym plus tummy troubles. But I recovered and we went bowling with the Barreto's that night. By the way my husband the big talker decided it was going to be a battle of the sexes...do you even have to guess who won both games?? Hahaha I TOLD him he should have been on my team! Oh well...he learned.

Yesterday was a laaaaazy day. We stayed in bed til 12:30pm and then loafed around all day except the 30 minute trip to the commissary and back for a few items. I made this awesome party sandwhich for dinner last night! Yum. I bought turkish flatbread from the german market and cut it in half and put meat and cheese and butter on one side and olive oil on the other side then baked it. Afterwards I loaded on the veggies and voila! Better than Schlotzsky's! Haha

Today I finished reading "The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks ---read it! so good! totally going to make a movie about it-- and Matt perfected his guitar hero skills with his new guitar hero Metallica game. Then we decided to come to the library for a while. But I'm about to drag us off to the PX and commissary before they close for a few things!

Oh and our deck is finally finished! Next week they are leveling out and planting the garden! YAY!

I miss all of you very much and I try to check my facebook through my emails. A friend told me that I can get on facebook at the rec center on Conn so I may try that this week! As for internet at home- they come July 21st! I hope its simple because alot of people have had trouble with getting their internet installed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sweet girl,(and boy). how r ya'll? I've enjoyed keeping up with u on ur blog!!! Glad to hear ya'll had a good 4th.
As, for ur language barriers, anyone who nos u nos that when u gt determined enough to do or learn something, u do it!! so , just be patient.
Wish all kids could be as easy as ur friends..that would be nice! Btw- no ideas going in that Ikea store!! LOL I miss u tons!
Colt's room is still so bare w/out ur furniture and all ur stuff in there! But, its still messy!! LOL
I luv u both!!
Mary

Kel said...

Hey babygirl..something told me to come check the blog..usually Sunday's I am more rushed in the a.m. because of church and was reeeeally dragging today as I didn't get home til 1230 from going with the girls in my small group to see 42nd Street @ Miller's Outdoor Theatre.. Loraetta Swift (she played mjr margaret houlihan on M.A.S.H.) anyhoots it was awesome! I can not believe as long as I have lived here that I have never gone there! AMAZING.. and I went with your friend Andrew's sister Christie..she grad lake in 93 I think and Stacey my other friend CLHS 91 .. small world.. but they had never beent o Miller either so I don't feel so bad..they lived here their whole life!!!!

I love you so much babygirl! Give Matt hugs and he you from me!!! Glad things are flowing so smooth!!!!! XOXOXOXO MISS YOU ... mommy

Post a Comment