So it has been one month since we left Texas...strange. The first half of the month went by so fast what with Adri's visit, SNAPS class, and traveling. The 2nd half of the month was slower but we found and rented an apartment and got government furniture delivered, recieved our car and got our licenses, been to a german festival twice, and eaten countless amounts of german food!
No internet at the house and seeing as how they still haven't even called to schedule an appointment- there's no telling when it will be installed. Apparently I can't check my facebook or myspace on the library computer =-( so if I don't write you back, that's why! And when I try to view Amanda's blog I can't see it unless I go into my account and do it through google reader..hmm...Speaking of Amanda- she had the twins!!! They are both here and healthy with the exception of a little fluid on Jason's lungs, but they were moved from level 3 NICU to level 2 so that's awesome! Mom and Dad are doing well also! She's been keeping her blog pretty updated for someone in the hospital who just had her stomach sliced open and two babies brought into this world! For more info on Amanda and the twins go to: thewilliamsbabies.blogspot.com
Apparently you are only allowed an hour on the computer in the library so I will make this fast! We moved into our apartment on Tuesday- well the government furniture was moved in. Our furniture and things should be here by July 23. Our unaccompanied baggage (sheets, towels, dishes, and PS3 things) will be here tomorrow!! We realized the tv we put in our unaccompanied baggage was useless until we bought a transformer so we went to the PX and got a really really good deal on a dual voltage (meaning we can use it in the states as well as here) 32in LCD flat screen that will eventually go in the "Man Room." We also got cables to connect the laptop to the tv so we can watch movies, etc. Our first night the landlord invited us up to his deck where we met his 15yr old son, Chris, and his tattoo artist wife, Nicole! Chris also had two friends over who are nothing but "Metal Heads" so Matt had a great time talking music with them. The kids speak english pretty well- and music of course is an international language haha- and the wife speaks pretty well also! The dang landlord has a "Party Room" on the deck level with a full barr- complete with kegerator- pool table, slot machine, and all of the musical instruments of course. So he offered Matt beer after beer...then eventually had him drinking Asti, then Asti with a german version of Red Bull, and yeah. Matt was hurting the next morning (yes, I told him to stop after the 3rd beer so I gave him the ole "I told you so...") But really the entire family is very nice and I see a friendship in the future!
The landlord is already almost finished with our new patio! He put a slate/granite looking blocks outside the front door and red brick squares on the patio area. He's also started a wood beam/plastic roof to cover the patio. Then he'll do the garden. It's amazing and only getting better every day! Although I could live without the noise...lol
Yesterday I took Matt to work so I could have the car and had my first lock out of the apartment. The front door automatically locks from the outside when it's shut and in order to deadbolt it (from the inside) you have to have a key in it on the inside. Very annoying. Well I learned also that if you leave the key on the inside then you can't lock/unlock it from the outside! So my wonderful husband who was smarter than me figured out how to unlock the window and climb through. See the windows here can be slanted open from the top or opened inwards all the way. We had the two windows slanted open at the top and he figured out how to get one open (not sharing details because who knows who reads this lol). Basically though it showed me how easy it is to get inside through the windows so until we get screens on the windows they remain shut at night (Matt hates me for this but oh well)!
Well my time is about to run up! I am off to the car care center to see if they do oil changes then having lunch with Matt. Afterwards I'll run home and walk Elvis and hang out until 4ish when I'll come back up here to pick up Matt and go grocery shopping! I'll update in a few days! Tschus!
10:39
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
Ok so I posted a comment earlier and my puter was blinking at me .. anyhoots.. glad all is going so smooth! LMAO at the told ya so hehe.. and the lockout made me chuckle too (sorry) did that when we lived in Atascocita many a time..that dang front door would open without unbolting .. and Kirsten would sneak off to see Turbo til your dad put a chain on it! Glad things are falling into place for you! I know you will be glad to get all ur stuff but trust me when I say that first batch makes a BIG difference.. your own sheets haha.. love you bunches.. give each other hugs from me..and give Elvis hugs and kisses from the kids!!!! Talk soon xoxoxoxo... oh great news on the twins.. after I emailed you I read her blog.. and she added me on FB so I can see the pics there too lol... soooo cute!!!! I love you xoxoxox mommy
Post a Comment