Sorry I haven't been online in awhile. I haven't felt great this week between severe allergies and horrible homesickness. No internet at home still. They came but apparently they need to go into my landlord's house to get to the "access point" and he wasn't home so they rescheduled for next Thursday. I have to let him know that and pray he understands and is home! Our furniture arrived on post Monday but they won't deliver it until next Wednesday =-( I'm so sick of it! And no sorry I'm not ignoring anyone on facebook but I can't get on facebook/myspace from the library and when I tried to go to the other internet place it was closed and there were no hours posted. I can read your posts and such through my email but I can't respond to them.
Matt and I went and saw Transformers 2 on Sunday here on post. That theater is a joke. But I guess it's better than nothing. Matt's capt. ended up sittin next to us and while we were waiting on the movie to start (we had to get there an hour and a half early to make sure it wasn't sold out like the two nights before) we were talking and he mentioned that the first month he was in germany he was real depressed. For the most part I'm a roll with the punches kind of girl and very adaptable but this is like no other move I've made. Normally if you even move across country you are still IN the country and have neighbors and hell just store people that speak your language. You don't have to go 2 months with no internet at home and no cable because even if you bought cable it wouldn't be in a foreign language. You have none of your own things to feel like home, no phone to call home, and you've watched every movie in the library that you care to watch. Matt for the most part loves it here but he's not as close to people back home like I am and plus his world is pretty much normal. I mean for the most part the Army is the same everywhere. I on the other hand have no job, no school work, and really no friends except Jen. And it's not like we're rollin in the money so I can just go shopping every day. Bah I dunno. Just over it I guess. Yes I know it will feel better when we get our home stuff in and yes I know I'll hear about student teaching on August 15th (and praying she says yes) which when that starts will be such a booster. Haha bet none of my fellow UTT students were as excited about student teaching as me! LoL
Speaking of- Amanda Williams if you stopped your blog you would be taking away one of the few pleasures in my life! So don't you dare! I wish I could write that on your blog but sadly it doesn't let me comment =-(
Well enough depressing talk. Jen is dragging me out to the furniture store with her. Matt has duty so lonely night for me =-( But good news- library just got Gilmore Girls season 1 in so I'm going to start that! I just finished Rome season 1 and 2 and wow....what a perverted show! But besides scenes that made me want to vomit it's a great story. Gossip Girl season 2 comes out in August and Grey's season 5 in September! Wow....I'm stopping now before I sound anymore like the loser I am!
12:53
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
I love you so much babygirl. I am so sorry you are having a time of it. I can't imagaine how hard that is with no one speaking English hardly. At least in Adak we all spoke English.. well that or tagalian.. but I know you are strong and you will overcome this challenge too! I wish there was more we could do from this end but pray..but we are doing that. You are in my thoughts all day almost. I see something and it always reminds me of you. Like Rent is in Houston.. but you are not here to take. Or Climb comes on the radio and I hear you and Hannah belting it out.. ok u .. Hannah kinda mumbling except the word CLIMB.. haha..
Dude..Gilmore girls .. that is awesome. You are not a loser for loving good life story based shows haha.. Grey's .. oh yeah baby! I have an idea now though.. but you will have to wait ... hehe.. just wanted you to know you are my babygirl no matter how old you get or how far away you are. I love you so very much and I am so proud of you and Matt. That is a big move for such young adults! Take it all in.. the good and the bad. You will one day be telling your grandkids about it. Since you can't blog everyday you should get back to journaling. Help get some of that out plus be a record your kids and grandkids can read one day when your memories are all jumbled!
I guess you saw baby Jason went home yesterday. See, I wrote you a letter last night and I said you will probably know everything I am writing before this gets to you haha.. oh well.. the fact is I was thinking about you at that moment that I wrote to you. winks.. take care of each other and I will watch for you next week. I love you with all my heart! And hey.. I know you can't get to facebook haha.. just write to tell you I love you because I know it comes to ur email!!! ~winks~ I love you babygirl! xoxoxoxo mommy
Post a Comment