So as far as birthdays go this was great!! My birthday week started Wednesday when Matt surprised me with dinner reservations at a nice mexican restaurant! It wasn't bad but not home ;-)
Thursday I had a little melt down realizing student teaching questions STILL hasn't been answered and job prospects on this post are nil. So I'm going to put in my application at the school for several different positions just so they're on file in case something comes open. Same with the subbing deal. I'm also applying at the school in Bamberg (45mins away) just to maximize my prospects. If nothing happens then Matt and I are discussing my coming back to TX to student teach in the fall just so I can get that actual diploma! Adri's even offered her extra bedroom ;-)
Friday we left for our marriage retreat at Edel Weiss. That was the most beautiful place I've seen yet! Saturday and Sunday mornings we spent in the conference room watching a video series of the funniest pastor EVER Mark Gungor in "Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage" (www.laughyourway.com) it is so awesome!! Matt and I and the entire room couldn't stop laughing. We both learned alot as well. The afternoons and evenings were free time and there was so much stuff to do in Garmish that we will be going back there in the winter!!
I'll update more in detail tomorrow... nighty night!
*August 25*
Sunday was my big double deuce birthday and my awesome husband had gotten me an hour long swedish body massage the day before which was AMAZING! I've never had a massage before but I am officially a spa girl now. On my birthday my husband sang me happy birthday in the morning and presented me with part of my present- the Hannah Montana Movie! Love it! (He even watched it with me)... The Barreto's also remembered I am trying to collect the classic Disney movies on DVD and got me the platinum edition of Sleeping Beauty! Matt also got me the softest black fleece EVER! Today my other present from Matt arrived and he got me the Coach purse I've been wanting!! Only they sent the wrong color (white instead of brown) so he's going to get it exchanged for me. Isn't he the best (those registries really work hehehe)? I also got Adri's box today also and she got me a khaki Coach wristlet, LL Bean WARM pjs, and plus she sent me one of her purses I love! I've got a great BFF.
Today I had a dentist appointment and they told me I have great teeth and no cavities but unfortunately the xray machine was broken so they don't know how my wisdom teeth are but he can tell they're at least partially impacted. Eek! Another unfortunately is that they don't do oral surgery on post so I'll have to go to a German dentist if I need the wisdom teeth cut out. Bah!! I go back Monday for a cleaning (another weird thing is they don't do more than one thing at each appointment).
Oh oh!! Biggest news of all!!!!!! Matt enrolled in a college class and changed his major! He is now working towards his Associates in Automotive Maintenance. He figured it goes with his MOS so it will really help with his career and promotion points. He is now taking AC/Heating class and its a hands on class where they work on their own cars in the auto skills center. It actually started this past weekend but the college said he could still enroll and be fine so he will be starting Saturday-Monday from 6pm-10pm (but they supposedly they never stay the full time). He's so nervous and excited so be supportive!!
22:35
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
Ok..so somehow I missed this one. I was coming with my cup o' coffee to see what is up in the life of the Barr's and realized hey ..I hadn't read that one yet! I am so proud of Matt taking the classes. That is awesome! And man ..ur bday weekend sounded amazing!!! You soo deserved that! WTG Matt! I am so happy for yall babygirl..you are so amazing it awes me! The adults you and MAtt have grown into. I mean... wow.. all I got.
As for the wisdom teeth..girl if you can hold off I would.. unless they do it like they do it...IV in teeth out u wake up haha.. I don't remember having mine done ..just being at home afterwards being careful so I didn't get a dry socket! haha....
I love you ! xoxoxo
Post a Comment