Thursday, August 27, 2009

Not much happenin

So last couple of day's I've not been online- IM STILL ALIVE! Sheesh you people and your worrying! Ok well not much has happened. Wednesday night Matt and I tried out a bible study class and really enjoyed it. It meets every week and starts out with a themed pot luck dinner (this time it was Asian- I brought the egg rolls!) and fellowship then the bible study. They were on chapter 3 of 2nd Thessalonians and seeing as how Matt and I have never been the bible study type we were a little lost but enjoyed the talk and the people ALOT so I think we'll be regulars. I guess when they finish Thessalonians they're going to break into 2 groups (not sure if they meant to houses or into a mens/womens group...I'll find out later). Also planning on going to the PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel- its not just for protestants!) starting with a bbq next week!

Today I went to an FRG training class on how to be the treasurer and the Point of Contact (POC). Class was pretty common sense but got to see Mary and Allison - two other girls about my age without children! But they are officers wives so OMG not "supposed" to fraternize haha jk its not really like that. Especially in a battalion as small as ours! In fact I love the commander's wife- totally approachable, and she has 4 of the coolest kids!

Anywho tomorrow I'm babysitting for Jen in the morning then we're working on our resumes and hopefully after that the husbands will be released early (they're supposed to be out by 12pm on Fridays..that's happened once). Nothin planned for this weekend...wish we could bbq but since the stupid moving company STILL hasn't picked up our boxes...*sigh* they come Tuesday supposedly (I will be confirming this on Monday)!

Have a great weekend all! Missin every one of you!

1 comments:

Kel said...

Hey kiddo.. sounds like things are rolling along. The bible study class sounds awesome! We just did Thessalonians not long ago. Go to www.clearcreek.org it should have links to midweek services.. and each one shows what we studied.. Yancey has an awesome young approach to it all. Also our church took a vow to read through the bible. I will admit the old testament loses me ALOT.. too many names and details.. haha...but some of it gets graphic..the wars fought. I mean wow..anyway they told us about www.gettingthebible.com also Yancey's page is pretty neat it is http://blog.yanceyarrington.com Anyhoots.. hope yall have a good time tonight! And an awesome weekend! I have the boxes set up but still not getting a signal.. they didn't bring a dbl ehternet modem they brought the same one..but we switched it out in case that was the problem. I will work on it this afternoon and hit ya up on skype this weekend ... I love and miss you soooo much!!! XOXO to ya both!

Post a Comment