Well yesterday Matt's company was told to expect to deploy to Afghanistan in March 2011. Of course this can change but that's when they've been slotted for for now. I feel like a seasoned Army wife now. I expected to break down but instead I just thought it through. It was inevitable and no matter how many tears you cry it's going to happen so you just have to be practical and get through it. March is good for us because we can still come home for December, Matt will get 7-8 months with Roman, he can come home on R&R in August for Roman's first birthday and that's about half way through the deployment (this deployment will only be 1year instead of 15months) and we can meet up in TX so Matt can be see everyone again. Plus when he comes home in March 2012 we will only have 3 months until we move back to the States- enough time to go on our cruise during his block leave! Roman and I can also do Space-A travel (the free plane) and come home for a couple of months when he leaves, Space-A to meet Matt on R&R in the states, and then Space-A for Christmas that year and spend a couple more months right before Matt comes home. Poor Roman won't know what it's like to have a "home" but we can just keep his routine the same where ever we're at and he'll make it- and then I won't feel so bad for the family not getting to see him before he reaches toddlerhood. ;-)
As for the pregnancy it's been no secret that I don't enjoy being pregnant. Women all the time are saying how much they just looooooove being pregnant and at first I felt guilty but I've met a couple of others who didn't enjoy it either so I know I'm not a freak. It's not that I don't love my baby- of course I do- or that I don't recognize this as a miracle- I'm growing a life for pete's sake!- it's just not a pleasant experience. Between the heart issues, the cramping/contractions, the pressure, the constant uncomfortableness, and LOTS of other things I won't talk about seeing as how my grandfather and dad read this I just don't see how women love it. Yes it's neat when he kicks but sometimes it's like STOP ALREADY! And lately he's been kicking some nerve that causes me to spaz and twitch every time he kicks it so I look like I'm having a seizure. I'm just ready for my baby to be here and to hold him in my arms and then I'll know it was all worth it. I'm just tired of being uncomfortable (and yes I know it's going to get worse) and I'm even tired of talking about it or having people constantly ask about it. I'm also tired of planning for it- I just want HIM here already!!! 11 more weeks and counting...
20:07
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
BAbygirl I am sorry you are having so much trouble with the pregnancy. When you were at school jake pressed on a nerve in my groin area and my left leg went numb and I dropped to the floor. I could not walk and had to drag myself to the phone. I had no idea what was happening but ur dad was offshore you were at school and Kirsten was at the house with me. I don't remember if I called Stacey or mom but I went to the dr and they told me what had happened. Anyway man I hate I just asked about the deployment thing... and although we will LOVE not having to miss so much time with Roman my heart does ache for Matt. Half full thinking is all you can do though. Give it to God and know HE has a plan for everything that happens. I love you xoxo
Post a Comment