Wow so I've slacked big time. In my defense I didn't have internet for a couple of weeks but honestly I haven't been in the mood to write. I keep thinking of stuff I would blog about but when it comes time to blog I just don't want to. I will try and write what I remember.
Baby news: When we got home from Italy I went to the Dr. My cervix was borderline from all the contractions I was having but she couldn't start me on magnesium because I was having other digestive issues that the meds would have made worse. She told me to monitor the contractions and come back if they kept up. The Dr also didn't want me to go back to school for my last week of student teaching but I talked to the principal and the other teacher in the room and they were both ok with me just hanging out in the back of the classroom and staying off my feet so I went to school anyways. I was told to take it easy and stay off my feet if I wanted to avoid bedrest. Bedrest in Germany would probably be at the hospital so I DEFINITELY don't want that to happen.
Two weeks later I went back to the Dr and things had not progressed since the last visit (meaning my cervix hadn't shortened and the contractions had pretty much stopped) so great news! She said we could avoid the meds for now which is probably good for my digestive issues. I guess not finishing out the year was a good choice. I have definitely had less pains and stress since stopping but I miss the kids. If it weren't for the other teacher who took over full time being so amazing I could never have left them. It stinks to not be earning money but I guess things are more important than money. I go back to the Dr. next Thursday (she only let 3 weeks go between appts this time and I'm not sure why but oh well). At the 26 weeks Roman weighed almost 2.5lbs! Seems like a big boy to me. I also had my diabetes test- the 1 hour test. My glucose was 121 (normal is 70-120) which worried me since it's borderline high but the midwife didn't seem concern and said I could leave instead of seeing the Dr. again to reschedule another test. I guess they'll keep an eye on it- Drs know best.
My babyshower is June 5 and I'm so excited. A friend that I met at church and who I babysit for is throwing it with the help of two other friends. I hope there's games- my one friend hates games and didnt want them at hers but Ive made it clear that I love the games lol. I've been seeing all my friends baby shower photos and I'm so excited but also sad. It just stinks that my close friends and my family won't be there. However I'm lucky because then I get to have a shower for Baby #2 (my lil princess I hope!!) so my family/friends back home can be at one!!
Here is the most recent picture of Roman- his legs are straight up in front of his face and his feet are sitting on top of his head! He's breech right now but she said there's plenty of time for him to move. Considering two weeks prior his head was down in my hip and feet were in my ribs I believe it.
Matt news: Matt has been busting his butt on the softball field! He plays for the unit team AND he made the post team so we pretty much have softball every single day except Fridays. The post team travels on the weekends for tournaments but unfortunately we're not going to any of the Belgium and Italy games like I was hoping! We are going to Garmish in the middle of June so we get to stay at Edelweiss Resort where we went for my birthday last year! He's been playing first base but now he will be moving back to third base (his favorite) on the unit team. It's taken him some time to get used to batting a softball vs a baseball but he's getting the hang of it and even hit 3 homeruns! He's still not crazy about his job or unit (we had some drama when we first got back from Italy but no need to bring that back up) but he's sticking it out. Every night Matt reads children's bible stories to my belly which is adorable. Getting him ready to do Roman's bedtime routine. He said he's happy to do the bath time and bed time rituals with Roman which I think is awesome!
School: I've finished! As I said earlier I had to stay off my feet the last week which stunk because I still had one more observation to complete but my supervisor did one over my working with an OT kid on handwriting. I got great reports from her and verbal reports from the principal (though I never saw them- I'm hoping she sent them to my school! I haven't heard anything to the contrary). I also took my last certification test (PPR) and I got a near perfect score which was shocking since I had the WORST headache during the test. I have to mail UTT one paper and do some online stuff to get certified but considering UTT doesn't even post degrees until midsummer I've got time.
Other news: we've moved!! We finally got on post housing. There are two posts (remember Schweinfurt has 4 miniposts) with housing- one has stairwell apartments and the other has townhomes. The stairwells are called Askren Manor (nicknamed Trashcan Manor if that tells you what they're like) and our neighborhood is called Yorktown. We absolutely lucked out in this area. Yorktown only has 2bdrm townhomes and as people are moving out they have been remodeling the kitchens and bathrooms. Since there are only 2bdrms it's MUCH quieter here plus there's about 50 homes vs the hundreds of apartments. There's tons of playgrounds- two in my backyard alone! Lots of trails and the gym, middle school, bowling alley, batting cages, and track/field is on this post so it's just so nice- lots of wild bunnies too! Since we're for sure here for two years I convinced Matt to paint- well actually he was excited about it until the first night of doing it and realizing the pain it is haha- so we have 2 walls in our living room painted red, one wall in our bedroom a dark red, and all the walls in Roman's room are an aqua color. Painting was an experience. We started with Roman's room and only had enough paint to do one coat. However after one coat it looks underwatery to us since it's sort of spotty so that was ok with us. After we get all the stuff set up and decals put on the wall I will see if it needs extra touch ups (sponging white in areas to get a bubbly effect). Then we did our downstairs and everything but right by the ceiling looks great. We didn't have a tiny sponge roller so had to do it with a paintbrush so it looks a little off but not horrible. Matt did our room last and that was interesting! First off we ran out of paint and the store didn't have any more so Matt had to have them make a custom bucket to match and it wasn't quite right so we had 1/4 of the wall that looked off but Matt did about 5 layers and finally got it to match- and it turned out to be the BEST wall in the house! I guess we should have started with our rooms before doing downstairs. Oh well you live you learn. We're already dreading painting it all back to white in 2yrs.
I can't think of anything else major going on. I will get back on blogging track! I also need to upload my photos to a website and post them on here so everyone can see them (and so we can order prints!) I have a snapfish account but I hear good things about shutterfly as well. I guess you have to kind of be on all of them to watch for sales. We haven't ordered prints the ENTIRE year we've lived here so we have tons and tons to buy. My card reader on my computer has stopped working for some reason so I have to use the cord in my camera but then it takes much longer to upload and it's so frustrating! But I WILL get some pictures on here!
14:39
Keeley Barr


2 comments:
Ok...you made me tear up...wtg lol...glad you are getting settle in.Tell Mathew congrats on the HR's..love yal!
Sounds like things are going wonderfully. I am so glad that you are liking your new place so much and that it's finally starting to feel more homey =) Love you & miss you tons.
Post a Comment