Thursday, March 11, 2010

Introducing Roman Mathew :0)

We had our 18 week ultrasound today and I think the Dr. enjoyed taking her time and torturing us! First off our appointment was at 3:30 so I got there at 3:10 (that way they can do all the tests beforehand and then usually I don't have to wait around) but today the Dr. had a C-section so she was running a little late. We finally saw her at 4:40pm and boy she looked tired but she still had a happy face for us. That impressed me. After we left though I heard her cheering with her midwife lol. Poor lady. Anyways poor lady then tortures us by checking EVERY POSSIBLE thing before telling us boy or girl! Head looks good, saw the brain, did the 4D of the front side of Roman and whew he was scary lookin!, checked heart- looks good but they will run thorough tests next time because of my brother's condition, umbilical cord is good, nice round tummy, good femur. When she showed the heart she said it was around 150 beats so I said "Oh it's a girl!" and she looked confused so I explained that the old wives tale said that 150 and higher meant girl and slower meant boy and she laughed and said "well you have 50/50 chance but we will see what I say it is" lol well as soon as she showed us between the legs I said "wow it's a boy!" There definitely is NOT a hamburger bun! He is alllll boy and he makes his Daddy proud :-)


As for Mommy everything is good. My iron is low which explains the exhaustion but an iron pill every day will fix that right up! I have to start monitoring my heart in the next month. Nothing serious it has just been skipping alot and it started out just once a day now it's increasing. Plus I'm extremely short of breath (like just from talking) and while that's normal later on not so much now- especially when I've only gained 6lbs. So I'm to keep track of when it does it and how much and if it gets especially uncomfortable before the next visit she said to come in otherwise our next visit we'll judge and see if I need further testing. So please just keep that in your prayers. :-)


Here are a few of the pictures for Nanna (Matt's Mommy- she FINALLY chose a name!) ;-) There's also a video of the ultrasound that Matt took with our camera.

Yes he is ALLLL boy and his Daddy is proud. "Dang son, put that thing away- you're gonna scare someone!!!" LOL my Dad is proud too I'm sure!



His pretty profile! This was printed on paper so quality is bad. In the video you can see his mouth moving and him head banging!



Such a shy baby!! Last time he hid his goodies and this time he hides his face! Don't know where he gets that from- Mommy and Daddy aren't shy!



Oh yeah first thing after the Dr. we bought clothes :-) We each chose an outfit set. Mine was this onesie, another onesie with an embroidered monkey and pants with a monkey head on the butt :-) See facebook for the others (and cute bibs!)


Daddy chose a 5 peice onesie set with all sports themes. One of them also said #1 Mom's Property :-)


****EDIT**** Sorry Nanna the video won't upload. You'll have to watch it at Aunt B's house :-( I tried twice!!!)
Our 18 week ultrasound. Our Dr is such a hoot- even after a long day of C-Sections! Watch carefully (you'll have to have your ear up to the speakers to hear) but you can see his profile and moving his mouth, headbanging, and rolling around!! My favorite part is the scary alien view! The Dr. was CRACKING UP! We're probably the only parents who make fun of our own kid lol

1 comments:

Kel said...

LOL I was gonna ask what your dad said hehe.. I love that video..my speakers were good cause I could hear it great.. sometimes had to turn it down... David had gone to bed when DJ and I saw it on facebook! The leg..no.. the brain no.. you like ya... she was so cute! *dr I mean love yall

Post a Comment