Well I wanted to post earlier (while I still remembered what I wanted to say) but my internet started acting up. Of course! Well I mentioned yesterday how annoying my pregnancy memory is but now it is officially dangerous. Yesterday I missed a meeting with my supervisor (I may or may not have already said that) so that was embarrassing. Yesterday I scrubbed my house and had lit candles to add to the homeiness at about 4pm...well at 5am I woke up to use the bathroom and as I came out of my room I wondered why it was brighter than normal. Hmm...turns out I left a candle on the dining room table burning!! I was so mad at myself and terrified thinking "what if" but thankful that nothing had happened (God was definitely watching us last night!!)
I think my depth perception and alertness has also been affected. Today I went to park at the comissary and I pulled in next to a Dodge Durango with giant mud tires.
*Let me stop right here and rant about how it annoys the HECK out of me that Americans come over here with these giant trucks/SUVs. You're in EUROPE for heaven's sake- did you not do your research and realize how tiny the streets and parking are?! So normally I avoid parking next to these vehicles because the spots here really are smaller than in the States. Plus for some even more annoying reason peope with these vehicles think they need two spots (or just can't figure out how to park in small spots- duh).*
Well spots were scarce so I sucked it up and pulled in next to this white dodge. I was crooked (well actually the Dodge was very crooked and over the line so I had to restraighten up) so I went to pull back out a little to straighten up and I heard the annoying sound of rubber on rubber. The Dodge's tires were cocked out to the right (apparently he didn't feel the need to straighten his tires) so my tires hit and rubbed his. I rolled down my window and looked and of course the tires were so big (thankfully) that nothing else hit- just tire on tire. That's why I mentioned it was white- my car is red so it would be easy to see if there was damage. He rolled his windows down too (yes he was sitting in the car waiting on a friend) and I told him that nothing happened it was tire on tire thank goodness and he laughed and said thanks and rolled his window back up. While I was gathering up my stuff to get out his friend came out and was getting in and he checked the dodge which I totally understand but then as they were pulling out the driver took a picture of my license plate and I could hear them laughing and the driver was saying "just as a precaution" over and over. Um I can't explain how this STILL annoys me. First off if you were really worried about it you would a) park better and b) gotten your lazy butt out of the car and checked it yourself. Second um what good is having a picture of my license plate? You didn't check your car and you drove off. No police were called, no reports were filed so what do you think you can do with my license plate? Say I did a "hit and run"?? Too bad it's your word against mine. Your friend can't count as a witness because he was in the commissary. I guess he could lie which also annoys me because I feel like that's what he's planning on doing since he took a picture of my license plate. Too bad I don't need a camera I actually managed to remember his license plate: SW SP1327 ;-) as he drove away laughing at me. *Sigh* my blood still boils at this if you couldn't tell.
For my pregnant or mommy friends share some stories about your pregnancy brain and what's happened to you before because of it!
17:15
Keeley Barr

2 comments:
Well..on the positive side.. you remembered his plate numbers!!! Half full..half full! And all I can say is remember my pregnancies...lol yall thought it was just me :0) love you
Sooooo you aren't answering my calls at all...call me!!!!
adri
Post a Comment