Thursday, July 15, 2010

36.5 weeks

Ok so most important news first! Roman's birthday will be JULY 30!!! I wanted the 31st but that's a Saturday so the 30th it is! 7-30-10 sounds good to me :-) And I get my July baby like I wanted hehe.

Ok other Dr news:
* baby's heart rate was borderline high (180) and she said she'd prefer to see it lower but this could be because I hadn't drank enough that morning (though I had a huge glass of milk for breakfast and my big mug of water- which I refill and drink out of all day long) but I hope that's the reason. She said a vaginal birth in his position could be even worse on his heart if that's not the case.
* of course he is still breech like I knew already but turns out one of his feet is actually down in my vagina kicking on my cervix- THAT's the lovely feeling I get all the time!
* she said my legs, wrists, and fingers are normal but she gave me magnesium to hopefully help the problem plus more iron because of course mine's still low so now instead of remembering to take one iron and one prenatal a day I have to take one prenatal and 2 iron a day plus 2 magnesium 3 times a day! That's crazy for me
* met with anesthesiologist who bless his heart didn't speak English well but he googled every other word to make sure we understood him- and I told him I really appreciated that extra effort. He said he couldn't feel a good spot on my back for the spinal (well he said we'd be doing the epidural but my dr said a spinal because I didnt need the catheter of the epidural so no clue) so they would try the day of for a spinal but I may need the general anesethia (I can't spell that!) which WOULD SUCK! However he just had me sitting in a chair and didn't have me bend over or anything which I know you must do to get a spinal (hello spinal tap) so that's probably why the big doofus couldn't find a good spot.
*Roman is still Roman but I still didn't get my visual confirmation because of his position but she said we got such a good photo with him that he is without a doubt a boy!
* As for a private room we won't know if we can have one after the surgery until the day of because it just depends on how busy they are which they probably will be (they have been last couple of visits plus I know Aug has highest birth rate).
*Roman is 6lbs and should be 7lbs when he arrives (we'll know more accurately at next week's appt)

So now I go back to the Dr next Thursday for my final prenatal visit! We should get a tour then if they're not too busy (like today). Then we just go in the morning of the 30th at 8am and she said they'll do the heartbeat monitor, an enema (yuck! but she said I'd enjoy the relief after LOL), a quick shave, and an ultrasound just to check that he hasn't turned and then it's surgery time! Surgery lasts 30-45 minutes and after he arrives Matt can stay with him the whole time while he's with peds and getting the tests/bath, etc while I'm getting stitched up. Matt can also take a camera into the operating room to take pix of us with Roman right after he comes out (or rather she said the nurse would take them for us haha). But Matt can't cut the cord because it's not sterile (?) not sure why but whatever. He didn't really want to- I wanted him to. And it wouldn't even be his first one since he cut his sister's cord lol.

No new picture again- boo! I will ask for one last one next week though. I'm so spoiled!

0 comments:

Post a Comment