Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I've been slacking (again)

Wow for someone who LOVES it when others update their blogs I don't return the favor and update my own! SO much has happened and hasn't happened lol. July 4th was awesome and thankfully not has hot and tiring as I thought it would be. I made fabulous cupcakes that I saw on one of my absolute favorite blogs Kelle Hampton (who got the idea from Family Fun magazine).
Photobucket
Well honestly they looked great but I love frosting which these don't have so they looked better than they tasted haha.

Photobucket
We had lots of food and tons of friends hung out under our tent. The best part? After the fireworks we were all at our friend's house across the street when Matt's former commander came to pick up his daughter and then after saying his goodbyes he crept through the yard and belly flopped right in their pool soaking us all! After lots of laughs (ok and me screaming "No I just straightened my hair!!!") he and his daughter left...only to do it again!!! And then he threw his daughter in. It was so stinking hilarious and unexpected. Gonna miss that goofy family (they're moving to AZ).
Photobucket
I had so much fun playing "photographer" that day (If you couldn't tell from my cupcake photos. This is my friend's little boy on the 4th. :-)

I also had my 34.5 week checkup where I was not impressed at all with my Dr's substitute. This is the 2nd time I've had her and I don't know if it's a language barrier (though she spoke more this time and sounds fine) or what but she is just not personable at all! And you have to drag information out of her. Plus she just does regular ultrasounds and not the 3D ones and she doesn't print pictures and I admit it I'm so spoiled to getting those every visit! Anywho I wasn't rushed to blog about it because really she didn't tell me anything. She did a pap smear and checked my cervix which is still closed (confirming that I did not lose my plug like I was wondering) then did the ultrasound. She said everything looked good but asked if I knew the sex and when I told her male she said "Oh. I didn't see anything." The continued to go back and keep looking and after a minute of silence she'd say "Everything's good" then she'd look at other stuff then go back and be silent "ok it's good" then after the 3rd time she said "Well the baby doesn't want to turn around so I can't tell what it is" --WHAT YOU CRAZY LADY?! So now of course I keep having dreams that Roman will really be my Elizabeth and while the underwater theme works for a girl (hey my favorite color is blue!) the poor baby has NO clothes and Matt having to run to the store and buying a bunch of tacky girl outfits lol. And I know I had my heart set on a girl but the feeling was almost like my baby had died- my baby is Roman and I've bonded with "Mommy's boy" and I know it sounds dramatic but that's just the feeling I had. So I will be having my Dr reassure me this appointment (I ask every time but she always says "if I said it was a boy its a boy" but I want VISUAL!)

Photobucket
Another friend loves playing around with photography too! She took this for us on the 4th.

In other baby news we officially finished the nursery! His bedding came in and the letters for his name so it's DONE! And if I say so myself it looks purty darn good (even if different than most nurseries)!

Photobucket

Photobucket
We also packed his diaper bag for the hospital- so weird! And I might add it's very hard to choose an outfit for a little boy to come home in! I guess if you had something homemade or passed down it wouldn't be but that wasn't the case so it was just weird. A girl you would choose the frilliest dress or whatever just to be adorable for the 10minute ride home but a boy? Hmm which onesie or truck sleeper should it be? And we have to plan on it being still so stinking hot so that limits it down to onesies-boo! So his "My Dad Rocks" and "I Love Mommy" were both packed with matching socks and shoes! No hat again cuz it's hot. We also packed a thermal blankey which I guess are actually called waffle blankets? Weird... Still need to buy more receiving blankets for swaddling but the ones here are so uncomfy! Also in his bag is one of his giant Dr. Seuss books that has like 10 stories so we can start bedtime stories from day 1 and a cd of lullabies! We also got the cutest burpies and wipes case from Abigayle that have his monogram and name on embroidered on them!!
Photobucket
LOVE IT!

Don't need bottles or pacis yet so throw in some diapers (after all the hospital provides them) and there ya go! I've been attempting to pack my suitcase today but finding it difficult to do since everything I want to pack is stuff I use frequently and/or I don't have enough of to pack (like XXL tshirts!) but I made my DETAILED list so just in case Matt can find everything and pack it.



I go back to the Dr. on Thursday and we will schedule the c-section. The lil booger's head is still nestled cozily (for him) up in my ribs and his feet still feel like they're gonna kick their way out of me at any moment so my guess is he hasn't turned. Besides reassuring me that Roman is still a HE I also have lots of c-section/hospital questions for her plus I will be asking about my legs. Oh my legs. You expect nausea, heartburn, and swelling. Never expected legs that turn purple and feel like a million fire ants are biting me when I stand still for even 2 minutes (and that time is getting shorter and shorter...) Plus now my ankles and toes hurt along with my wrists (especially the right side- same with ankle) and knuckles when I bend them. So weird! But except for my fingers I haven't had any swelling since that sunburn! Oh and been bragging about no heartburn/indigestion this whole time but that has kicked in the last couple of days along with lots of burping (my husband is so loving me). Between the burping, snoring (yes I have the preggo stuffy nose), tossing/turning/getting up to pee every hour I guess I also make grunting noises in my sleep when I'm trying to get comfy so he's not too pleased with me in the mornings (I had no idea about this til today haha). The temperature has also made for an unhappy preggo so for now I live in undies and sports bras and if it's slightly cooler like today (rained last night) then I even throw on a tshirt! I also spend the majority of my time in my bed because our portable a/c is in our room (not that it's much help when it's this hot).



Can't think of anything else to report on (love that preggo brain!) but will for sure update about this Dr visit on Thursday since we should be scheduling Roman's birthday! In theory he can be born after July 19 (37wks) and be considered full term so he could be here in 6 days (AHH!) but from what I've heard they do scheduled c-sections around 39wks so we'll just see!



Oh after typing that I remembered Matt's knee! He has been bothered by his knees for what seems like forever now and of course playing softball it's been worse. He rubs stinky Tiger Balm on them nightly and they still kill him. Turns out his petella is inflamed and he tore ligaments under his knee caps so he's on a no running profile for a couple of weeks then he'll be on a "at your own pace" profile for another couple of weeks while they recheck him. If they don't heal themselves he will start physical therapy which he does NOT want so please pray for him! Being on profile in the Army can effect so many things including promotions so this is not good news (though I know he's happy for the break from running during PT). So no more softball (tear...jk) this season and no flag football this fall (that's per Keeley's orders not Drs...and he has to live with me so guess who he'll listen to!)

Ok so this post took so long to finish thanks to uploading (finally went to photobucket- uploads MUCH faster than the Blogger uploader!) that i have another update. We rearranged our room to be able to fit Roman's portacrib beside the bed on my side and I HATE the way our room looks now. It used to be very romantic and spacious and "my oasis" and now it's cramped and cluttered looking and since we moved furniture we have blank places on the walls, etc. Plus I have like no room to get up and go pee in the middle of the night...this is going to be fun. I wish I had just bought a damn bassinet but nooo I was too cheap and I was adamant that he wouldn't be sleeping in here (and only reason he is is because his room is WAAAAY too hot and in ours we have the a/c) so even though it's only til Sept. I'm now depressed. Guess I don't have to worry about the room being a mood killer since there will be no shenanigans for at LEAST 6weeks ;-) TMI I know I know.

And tonight is going to be a repeat of Sunday night. Having major heartburn and other tummy issues that have me running to the bathroom every few minutes (diarrhea or contractions...mother nature couldn't be a LITTLE more specific??) which has led to other issues but to spare you more TMI's I will sign off here (haha my nonmommy friends are rethinking that "baby bug" hehe).

So the photos are uploading funny because of my layout...guess it's time to beg the wonderful Amanda for either another blogger lesson or for another layout ;-) **Ok tried to change the background layout and no help...playing with resizing the photos (but that didn't work last time) HELP AMANDA!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment