Today was my 32 week checkup. Roman Mathew is STILL breech and unfortunately probably won't be turning. When I first went to the Dr and had the very first ultrasound she explained that my uterus was heart shaped rather than a light bulb shape and that the baby had implanted in the left chamber of the heart. Then she said it meant nothing and was no big deal. Now she thinks that because of the septum (the thing that is between the two humps of the heart) is stopping him from being able to turn fully around and go head down. This is why he's ALWAYS been on my left side and the right side is squishy (it's just his placenta over there). Throughout the ultrasound today Roman kept kicking her and even the Dr said "Well that is probably not comfortable for you Mom with him in that position" and I said "Nope especially in my ribs" and she explained that was because his head bone is much harder than his butt (aka what SHOULD be in my ribs) and that yes it was very painful thing. I told her to tell my husband that so he didn't think I was a wuss and so she turned to Matt and told him "Yes you're wife is very uncomfortable and in pain!" Vindication! LoL
Ok bad news time. Because my baby is stuck in my darn heart shaped uterus I will probably be having a C-section. She said he most likely will not turn but we will try everything to turn him at 37 weeks (meaning medical wise). In the mean time she showed me how to lay on the floor on my back and put my legs up on the couch and put lots of pillows under my butt (so my butt is above my head). I have to do that 10 minutes 3 times a week. She didn't give me any excersises like my friend's Dr here (she's a week ahead of me) but I'm going to find out what they are from my friend- can't hurt right?? I've got FOUR WEEKS to try and turn him myself before the Dr has to do it- and I've heard that it is a painful process especially with your first baby when your uterus is still tight AND that it can send you into early labor. If she can't get him to turn either then we'll schedule a C-section. I asked if she allowed her patients to try and deliver breech babies vaginally and the face she gave me basically said "yeah right" but she did say under certain circumstances she lets them try but they usually end up in emergency c-sections (which I don't want) and that we would "talk about it" when the time came. So BIG prayers for this because I just don't want a C-section. I've always always always wanted a natural birth- I even talked about it in 8th grade when I saw my first live birth (my Aunt Marty). I don't want an epidural (especially after my effed up spinal tap when I had menegitis) and I wanted to try to go without drugs (although I wasn't 100% opposed to them). I always imagined my husband sitting behind me in the bed and coaching me through...ok stopping now because I'm starting to cry again. When we walked out of the Dr's I started to cry and Matt just kept saying "It'll be ok" over and over. I know it's not the end of the world and as a friend just told me as long as I have a healthy baby in the end it won't matter how he got here but it still bums me out. Especially since most Dr.s don't allow VBACs (vaginal births after c sections) that means I will never get to experience that amazing thing called labor.
Ok enough with that. Ending on a positive note here. Roman Mathew is now 4lbs and 14 inches long!!! Fatty boy :-) Just see the ulrasound pix below! He definitely looks like his Daddy but he's got my chubby cheeks in one picture (sorry kid- hopefully they go away for ya).
Sleeping all curled up on his placenta- I think he's going to be a blanky baby :-)
Ok how cool is this?? I guess my lil boy was annoyed that we were poking on him while he was trying to sleep so he kept opening his eyes and staring at us!! This is definitely MY grumpy "you just woke me up" face hahahaha
Oh my gosh I'm so in love with this face already!!! And no his lips aren't messed up there was something in front of them.
My wil fatty fat baby!!! I LOVE his chubby cheeks and those lips!!! :-)
13:41
Keeley Barr





3 comments:
Keeley I am bawling too. Took DJ to camp and came back to look somemore. HE is sooooo precious! My baby's baby! And those wittle chubby cheeks!!!! As for the csection.First yeah..I know exactly what you are feeling although I had you naturally I wanted to go through the whole thing with your dad and felt so bummed when they took me back for an emergency c section ... They gave your dad and I all the percentages of having a VBAC with Jacob and the odds were not too good with me having been cut up and down on my uterus to hurry up and get Kirsten out so we opted not to chance me rupturing and bleeding out. However if you are cut in the bikini line the odds go waaay down for problems in a VBAC. So breathe easy. If there is no room for his head there's no room ... what cha gonna do right? Like your friend told you ..it's the healthy baby at the end and what a miracle he is babygirl! Thinking of all the ones who never got to experience the movement in their belly or the kicks and yes the pains.. you are already way blessed beyond words. Thanks for sharing all this though. I love and miss you soo much. I do now know how all the parents of the people having babies in Alaska felt! uugghh I want to just rub that belly...and give you a big hug. And rub your hair while you lay in my lap...but soon enough my love. God ..enjoy..whatever is gonna happen has already been decided by God who knows what is best for us even when we just don't understand. With all your heart issues your body might not do well with the stress of a long labor who knows... xoxoxoxoxo Yaya is sooo stinking excited!!!! muahs
He's so precious already! Those pictures are amazing!! {{HUGS}} Kara
Hey Keeley,
SO when I was pregnant Micah took his sweet time to turn and moved up not down like he was suppose to. The doctor had started talking about a c section but then my water broke and the rest is history. I know how stressful it is to have this perfect idea of how labor is suppose to go and to hear that you might not get it your way. My cervix faced backwards through my entire labor which makes things a lot more painful in my opinion. In the end the health of Micah is what fulled every decision I made. Don't Freak when I say this because honestly it wasn't that bad. We had to start my labor using drugs because of my blood pressure so I ended up laboring for 17 hours. After they got it going my body took over and I was in natural labor. I ended up caving at 16 hours and got an epidural. Now because my water had broke and I dilated immediately (I went from 2cm to 7cm in about a second) I didn't get a full spinal thing I just got a dose of it. So I could still feel everything and move around it just took the edge off. I was terrified of those things and of c sections the main thing to remember and to have Matt remember is to stay calm. The end result is so amazing and breathtaking honestly it's worth whatever your body goes through. Pregnancy in my opinion is so much worse then labor. Keep focused and try to rest as much as possible. You are going to be an amazing mother! Love ya~ Jessica
Post a Comment