So today in bible study we talked about how you are supposed to be praising God "without ceasing" which means when you're scrubbing dishesm or the floorm or your baby is in your ribs and won't let you sleep you must still be praising God. My leader recommended writing short praises on an index card and posting them around the house. I am going to be posting one above my sink that says "Thank you Lord that I have food to eat and thereby dishes to clean" (I HATE doing dishes but we must praise Him even while doing the things we hate). I will also post one by where I store the broom and say "Thank God I have a home and thereby a floor to sweep." I think my big ole belly is enough a reminder to keep telling myself "Thank you Lord that I was able to conceive and I can carry my own baby in my belly" because we all know how many people are not able to do that.
For those of you with body issues there's lots of bible verses you can post on your mirror. God made YOU so you are beautiful. God made you for your husband and his opinion is the only one that matters. Love your self. Just google them if you're not familiar (I will look up the ones I like and post)
So think about what really bums you out: vacuuming, cleaning that high chair, changing diapers, putting gas in the car, etc and put a "Praise" card by that thing so you can always remember to Praise God without ceasing!
21:01
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
We did a series on this not long ago..and it is a big important part of Celebrate Recovery! Man let me tell you WHAT A DIFFERENCE the attitude of gratitude makes! xoxo
Post a Comment