Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Blessings

Wow am I emotional today. I have been following a college friend's blog for the last couple of months. It is about her precious baby girl who was born with Down's Syndrome and LOTS of heart problems- and all of these things were a complete surprise at her birth (whereas normally they can tell you those things during ultrasounds). This little girl even has what my brother had at birth Tetralogy Fallot (or however it's spelled). Because of my brother I have been paranoid and ask about the baby's heart at every visit but now I'm even more scared since they sometimes don't catch it in utero! However I feel so guilty for complaining about having to have a C-section and those other pregnancy complaints when parents are watching their BABIES suffer and some are watching them die! My friend posted about another family she had met in her time at the hospital and their two week old son just died from heart problems. It all just makes you realize how truly blessed you are and to not sweat the small stuff.

Please keep Baby Karter and her family in your prayers today and tomorrow. She goes for open heart surgery tomorrow (it was today but they rescheduled which I'm sure is so lovely on her parent's nerves) at only 11weeks old. Prayers for the doctors working on her, for Jesus to be holding Karter the whole time, and prayers for the family and friends waiting anxiously for her to make it out safely. Also prayers for a quick and easy recovery.

0 comments:

Post a Comment