Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Volksfest and Baby Shower!


This weekend was very eventful! In fact it took me two days to recover it was so busy ;-) Friday I was in a funk- super tired and kind of depressed. I don't think I would have felt so depressed (and I don't know why but I think it had to do with the shower and my family and friends from home not being able to be there) if I weren't so tired. Anywho I hung out at Jen's all day to keep myself from spending the whole day on the couch in my PJs. She was decorating my cake so I got to watch her- very inspiring. It made me want to go buy all this cake decorating stuff and just practicing over and over. I probably would have if I had Walmart and it's cheap prices ;-) Anywho that evening we all went to the Volksfest (the largest festival in Schweinfurt) for opening night. We met up with a couple other families and WOW were there alot of kids running around. Kind of nerve racking with all the crowds of people but luckily not my kids lol. We enjoyed our awesome fest food and Matt had his beer and we watched the kids ride some rides (I was insanely jealous of course- I LOVE rides!) and then after dark there were fireworks! We ended up not getting home until midnight and even then we both had things to prepare for Saturday so we weren't in bed until well after 1am.


Saturday Matt left early to drive to Hohenfels for a softball tournament. It was going to last all weekend (if they kept winning) and the team was all camping out so Matt bought a tent and was going to do the same. We went ahead and bought a 6person tent so we can start camping after Roman's here and friends can join us! Anywho after Matt left I started getting ready for my shower. I had to run to the PX and buy a couple things we had forgotten (clothes pins and hershey kisses for the games) and then it was off to the shower! My hostesses had made AMAZING food- chicken salad with croissants, crumb cake muffins, triple chocolate muffins, fruit tray, veggie tray, french toast casserole, ham and asparagus quiche, bacon and cheese quiche (which i never got to try boo), plus the awesome "puerto rican" cake by Jen! The food was by far my favorite part...I'm drooling just thinking about it and I haven't been hungry the past two days!

After we ate outside in the wonderful- if not too warm for me- sunshine we came in to play some games. Unfortunately my hostesses didn't like the gross (aka fun in my opinion lol) shower games (but we won't hold that against them) so we played baby shower bingo and then they tried to guess my belly size using toilet paper. Through out the shower we were playing "Never Say Baby" where everyone has a clothespin and you can't say the word baby. If you do then another person takes your clothespin. Person with the most at the end of the shower wins! My friend Lindzey got really into it and made it very difficult for the other women to tell me their labor stories (you try it without saying Baby!) but she's so funny to watch! After the games it was time for gifts! A few of the kiddos wanted to help so they took turns bringing me gifts and even "helped" open a couple lol. One gift I had no idea what it was but the others were oohing and aaahing because the kids had ripped opent the front of the present LOL. I got lots of wonderful things and I am so grateful to those women! Shopping in Germany takes time and prep since it usually involves the internet so I know it wasn't easy for them. After the gifts the ladies all sat around and just shared stories and advice on kids places in Germany- it was great! Thank you so much again to Krista, Kara, and Jen!! I love you ladies!

After the shower I went over to Jen's to watch the baby play in his whale pool. He wasn't too interested but Jen was babysitting our friend Holly's oldest daughter who's 9 and she loved it. It felt nice to sit outside (in the shade in my case) and just watch them play. I went home for about an hour for a quick catnap then headed back to Jen's to watch the baby and the other girl for the night so Jen and her husband could have a date night. I have to say Jen is a busy busy woman and I give her credit! While the baby plays nicely in his room upstairs- and for the most part doesn't bother the master room or bathroom- you still have to go check on him every 10-15mins and that's alot of up and down those stairs! After he crashed early the girl and I watched some movies and she crashed around 10:30 so it was just me for the last hour or so. Jen brought me chocolate covered strawberries from the fest as payment and they were sooooo good! :-) But again another night of getting to bed after 1am.

Sunday I tried to go to church- I set my alarm and had clothes out and everything but it just wasn't happening. I had slept VERY well the night before and didn't even wake up to pee until 7am and ended up staying in bed until 11am!! It felt wonderful. I felt slightly guilty for missing church like I always do but I know once Roman is here I won't be sleeping in and therefor missing church so I may as well take advantage to getting to stay in bed til 11am like that! Only thing I did on Sunday was run to the Commissary and PX but other than that I stayed on the couch. Matt came home from the tournament around dinner time and sadly they didn't win- they came in 3rd out of 8 teams so I was still proud of him.

Yesterday I was still exhausted and slept til 10am and stayed in my PJs all day and in the house and all I did was some sweeping and dishes. Who knew that weekend would exhaust me like that! They tell me it's pregnancy and I sure hope so- it's sad to think I will always be this tired!!

** If you would like to send "Mommy advice" or "Mommy and/or Baby wishes" or guess what day Roman will be born on and how much he'll weigh/long he'll be I can write it in his Baby Shower Memory book for you! I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment, msg me on Facebook, or email me with your advice, wishes, and guess!!**

1 comments:

Kel said...

I will email you mine. It was hard to see the pictures of your shower and wishing we were there. However the other part of me was sooo grateful you have developed such good healthy relationships with the women there and know that God has it all under control. I love you so much and I am so proud of you and Mathew!!! xoxo mommy

Post a Comment