Dear Roman,
Tomorrow you will be two months old. I can't believe it! We've had some interesting times in the short time you've been here. The day you were born is still burned into my mind. The first two nights home are also still (unfortunately) in there as well. Those were rough nights!
This last month we have been battling the dreaded C word- colic! At 5 weeks (the weekend of your dedication) you started crying for hours at a time. We could console you for about 5-10 minutes but the crying always started back up. Your sleep has also been sporatic. Some nights you go all night long while others you are up non stop. Daddy and I are doing our best for you and each other. It hasn't been easy but we are definitely stronger because of it. Some things we have tried: gripe water, moby wrap (you don't like being put down during the day), "shhhhhh" in the ear, swaddling, bouncing up and down, sleeping on our chests, your swing- all of these you like and work for you. You also don't like to be in the same place all day long- you get bored! You and I go to our friend Aunt Jen's house a lot of the times. You love her orange curtains! There were plenty of times (especially when Daddy was gone for two weeks for training) that I have had to lay you down in your crib, shut the door, go in my room and lay down. I also call Nana, Grandma, Wella- whoever answers the phone first- and just cry to them. I hate thinking about you being in pain (you have HORRIBLE gas and cry before you fart) and that I can't fix it. It's a feeling of pain and guilt that I've never experienced. Sometimes when you're crying I just rock you and cry with you and tell you it will all be better soon.
Every night Mommy and Daddy both kiss you good night and tell you we love you and we just stare at you. This last month we have also started your bed time routine. The time ranges between 8-10pm but is always the same. Every other night you get a bath, which Daddy does and dresses you those nights, but every night Mommy massages you and reads you a story. Some nights Daddy does story and sometimes we do it together alternating pages. Then we pray and I rock you to sleep. You love "Bye oh Bye oh" and now you've started liking "Here I am to Worship." I love singing and rocking you. At night I hate laying you down in your crib. Yesterday I even cried while rocking you because I can't believe how fast you're growing. I want to hold you all night long. I want so much for you. I want to keep you from all the bad things in this world.
New things you have started doing this month include rolling over from your tummy to your back, cooing, smiling LOTS, crying when I walk away from you especially in your swing, getting "excited" (legs kicking, arms waving, "panting") when you think we're about to pick you up (and crying if we walk away), and having INCREDIBLE head control- you're so strong! You push up on your arms and lift your head and look around (but only for a minute or so at a time). You prefer to play on your back than your tummy so you can see the world. You also like to watch tv and when I move you so you aren't staring at it (don't want you to be overstimulated!) you cry! It's so cute. Oh that's another thing you do- you pucker out that bottom lip every time you're sad and Daddy and I can't help but laugh. Daddy hates it but only because you make him feel so bad when you do it- it's SO cute!
So these last two months haven't been easy by ANY means. There have been many tears on both our parts (and unfortunately a few fights between Mommy and Daddy) but I wouldn't trade YOU for anything. You are beautiful. Stay small little one. Mommy (and Daddy) love you so much.
Love, Mommy
PS after reading this Daddy told me to add that one day you're going to make a great rock singer because your screams are already perfect and have racked his spinal cord a few times. Silly Dad!
11:53
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
awww that is so awesome Kee... I am bawling and it's not because I am sick. Yal are amazing...and with God you will get through anything always! I love yal more than life.. can't wait to see you!!! Hugs to my lil man and my big baby :0) It goes soo fast glad you are journaling so you can go back and read all the neat stories. The ones that make you cry now will make you laugh one day. The song is right.."It won't be like this for long" xoxoxo mommy
Post a Comment