So Roman has been screaming off and on all day long for six days now (since the night before his dedication- the last post I wrote). Sunday night I tried switching him to soy formula but that didn't help. After a few days on the soy I took Roman to the Dr. We thought he was screaming because he was constipated (only pooped once mon and once tues- but that filled three diapers back to back while cleaning him) he screams right before farting (which he does ALOT. it's soo stinky.) and turns dark red and jerks his knees up and you can just tell by his eyes how much it hurts. However when he did poo it was loose like normal (except bright green) so that means he's not constipated just not pooing every day (they can go up to 2wks without pooping!!!) However Dr said I could try half an ounce of apple/pear/or prune juice in his bottle to get him going- but dumb mommy forgot to ask how often or when to stop. Gave him some when I got home and he pooped while eating! Don't know if it was a coincidence or the juice. But he still screamed all night. OH and he also has thrush so I have to give him drops in each cheek after feeding 4x a day. Anywho I decided to try a different routine where I bathe him and massage him BEFORE his bottle- never again. He screamed through the whole bath, massage, and dressing because he wanted his bottle (I woke him 30mins before feeding time but not enough). So after his bottle I give him the thrush meds however I must have done it too fast and I got the Vomit Volcano right in the face. It literally came straight up out of his mouth and spewed over like lava down a volcano. Over my freshly bathed baby and my clean pjs and the floor. Oh and some even got on my face (told you it came straight up). Roman just stared at me with these HUGE eyes that said "what the hell Mom? what WAS that?!" and just laid there in shock. I kept waiting for the scream to come but it took a min or so. I felt so bad but also found it hilarious- it shot up so far!! So after a wash cloth bath and changing him again (and LOTS more screaming) I got him to calm down and fall asleep listening to me reading Bambi. But he wouldn't stay asleep in his crib so I took him to his swing so I could pump. He ate at 11 (but took an hour to eat/burp!) so we didn't get into bed until midnight. By then I was so overtired that I couldn't fall asleep and heard every noise. Baby woke up at 3:15am and I tried to let him cry for a few mins then tried rocking him and walking him but finally gave in and gave him a bottle. After 2oz I went to burp him and he was screaming so bad that I laid him across my lap. He fell asleep that way but then spewed all over the floor- thankfully! Afterwards he fell back asleep and I got him back into bed and cleaned up. I don't think he needs that 3am bottle because this is 2nd time that he's puked half way through. When he goes longer at night he doesnt have that problem. (Oh and Dr said not to let him sleep longer than 5-6hrs because his blood sugar would get low because he's still too young? whatever if the kid is asleep I'M not waking him)He then slept til 6:30am. I fed him and pumped and tried to go back to sleep with him in our bed but he wouldn't cooperate. I gave up and got up with him and fed him and had some coffee and THEN he decides to sleep! UGH!
Where is Matt during all this you ask? Well he's in the field. He's been there since Tues and won't be back til next Fri. He goes on fuel runs sometimes and he stopped by once on Tues and once today but only for a few minutes and reeks too bad of gasoline to hold the baby. Other than fuel runs he doesn't do anything but chill in his bed watching Dexter on his laptop. Must be nice. He said to treat this like a practice for when he deploys (which is now March btw)- easy for him to say. He does nothing and I have the never ending screamer. I know these things aren't his fault but it's so hard not to feel resentful anyways.
Ok on to some good news. Thursday Roman turned six weeks old AND he rolled over!! I laid him in his crib for some tummy time while I got dressed and when I came back in he was on his back looking up at me like "Hey Mom- what's up?" I was so so excited I immediately called Matt (who was enjoying a nice nap lucky duck). I took him over to Jen's because she was keeping him while I went to my six week postpartum check up and we laid him on the floor but no luck. No luck today either. Must be his private thing. Of course this happens the ONE time I wasn't watching him on the video monitor!
So my check up went well. Everything is healed up. No babies for at least 6months but 12 is best. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA. Crazy Dr. I'm getting that IUD in as fast as I can! I even fell asleep in the waiting room and she thinks she has to warn me not to get pregnant right away.
Today has been rough rough. I just want to go home so bad where I could sleep in Wella's bed and I'd have aunt nikki, wella, kirsten, shana, grammy, etc to help with him. Or at my Nana's or Mary's house. Or in Houston where Roman has Aunt B, Nanna, and Yaya to take him. But no I'm here with no one but my poor friend Jen who gets stuck with us. She says she loves to help with him but it's not the same. I just want to be home.
21:16
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
We miss you so much too Kee. All of us would love to be with you to hold and love on both of you..and let you sleep! A few more months momma.. I can't tell you how my heart hurts for you as I read all this. You are so special to soo many people.. you may not remember Roman by the time we all take our turns caring for him...lol... love you so much.. call me at any hour sweetness! xoxoxoxo Give big yaya hugs and kisses to little man!!!! <3
Post a Comment