So I never did post about Roman's dedication! That was the start of such a rough week with Roman and his tummy. It was amazing. Matt and I both agree that God sent us here to grow closer to Him. We were not what you would call religious people. I can't speak for him but I've always been spiritual but not one to go to church (minus my childhood summers with my Nana). Matt also said he had only been to church a few times as a kid (he only really remembers one Easter). However last year at our first marriage retreat we prayed together for the first time. We didn't even pray together when he deployed. I prayed for him but was too embarrassed? awkward? I guess to ask him to pray with me. We started eating dinner at the table and praying before hand more- we do NOT do this every night but we do it much more than before. We have also prayed together at night time and before major things and just when we needed it- like before Matt went to work during a stressful time. We have definitely seen God working for the better in our life (hello Roman!) and we have found a wonderful church family. Our very first church family. Downer is that with the Army they can't be our permanent church family. Roman won't grow up with these people knowing they love him. But we have them for now and we praise God for them! Anyways we never knew really how many friends we had in our church until we had Roman dedicated. The chaplain asked for our friends to come up and lay their hands on Roman and pray for him and we were so moved at how many came up there. It's an awesome feeling knowing so many are praying for your baby. When we go home in Dec. we are hoping to have Roman baptized in the church I was (Nana is working on that for us) and that way our family will be there and hopefully Roman's godparents.
"Masterpiece"
by:Sandi Patty
Before you had a name or open up your eyes
Or any one could recognize your face
You were being formed so delicate inside
Secluded in God’s safe and hidden place
With your little tiny hand and little tiny feet
And little eyes that shimmer like a pearl
He breathe in you a song and to make it all complete
He brought the masterpiece into the world
[Chorus]
You are a Masterpiece a new creation he has formed
And you’re as soft and fresh as a snowy winter morn
And I’m so glad that God has given you to me
Little lamb of God, you are a Masterpiece.
And now you’re growing up, your life’s a miracle
Every time I look at you I stand in owe
Because I see in you a reflection of me
And you’ll always be my little lamb from God
And as your life goes on each day, how I pray that you will see
Just how much your life has meant to me
And I’m so proud of you, what else is there to say
Just be the masterpiece He created you to be.
[Chorus]
You are a Masterpiece a new creation he has formed
And you’re as soft and fresh as a snowy winter morn
And I’m so glad that God has given you to me
Little lamb of God, you are a Masterpiece.
you are a Masterpiece.
23:07
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
I love that song..all her songs really. I hope it all works out with St Michael's.. let me know if I need to ask one of my friends down here at the Episcopal church's what the bilaws are .. I know Lisa Supersinski's brother had his kids baptised at St Michael's and they live in Oklahoma now. <3
Post a Comment