A while ago I blogged about forgiveness. We had an amazing PWOC meeting and that was the focus. I had jotted down notes but what with giving birth and all I had forgot to blog the passages. We watched the Nooma video 007 Luggage by Rob Bell.
Romans 12:19
Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.
(you can't take care of it better than God!)
Proverbs 26:11
As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly.
(Just because you are wronged over and over it doesn't mean you don't have to forgive. Forgive but keep distance with the person hurting you- don't be the dog!)
Matthew 6:14
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
(If you don't forgive others then you won't be forgiven by God. If you are still ill wishing the person then you haven't truly forgiven!)
Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
Luke 6:37
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
We worry about 90% of things we can't change and only 10% of those we can.
People say "I can't forgive them! You have no idea what they did- it was too bad to forgive them!" - well what if God said this to you??
Unforgiveness is like cancer for the person who can't forgive. It just eats away at you.
*And my favorite* "Unforgiveness is like drinking poison hoping the other person dies!" - Mark Gungor.
22:07
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
That particular study really spoke to me as well. There were a lot of good points that were brought up that really changed my outlook on forgiveness.. especially realizing that to forgive a person doesn't mean you have to bring the subject up with that person and have everything unravel again.. it may just mean you need to get over your own demons and be at peace with it yourself. lol obviously I have a specific circumstance that deals with that.
You know another one I really liked is the one about 'being so present in today that you don't miss a moment" or something along that line. I jotted down the exact phrase the guy said because it really did a lot for me!!
Post a Comment