Saturday, January 23, 2010

All's Quiet on the Western Front!

I should be posting how busy I've been starting student teaching BUT student teaching is about 80% easier than long term subbing in a first grade class when there is NO real teacher to make lesson plans for you and there was no routines or anything in place before the real teacher left! Even so this third grade class is wonderful thanks to the teacher's hard work. There are no real discipline issues, the kids are respectful, there is a routine, and everyone really tries! The teacher said that wasn't always the case but that's even more proof of what a wonderful teacher she is! This week was mainly observing but she did let me play reading games with some LI kids. Yesterday (Friday) I also ran most of the class because there was a sub. For student teaching I have to keep a journal for my supervisor to check and the easiest way I thought to do that was in a blog. Then I can even add that to my UTT porfolio. If you want to keep up with my student teaching experiences see http://www.mrsbarristeaching.blogspot.com/ ! I'm still looking for a good Teacher background so if you have suggestions please share!
Ok in baby news there isn't much to report other than last week/weekend was pretty rough. I thought I was finally going to get sick but not the case. Last weekend we went to Ramstein where there is a HUGE PX/Mall (Air Force always get the nice stuff!). We mainly went because I wanted Chili's soooo bad but we also wanted to check out baby items. First off let me tell you I actually experienced a little reverse culture shock by walking through this area and hearing the majority of people around me speaking English. For once (well in seven months) I didn't feel so claustrophobic in a store!! Well the baby items were a disappointment except we found a high chair that matches the travel crib we want- and it wasn't $200 like the only one at our PX! Chili's was fabulous and we even met up with the Barreto's there and ate with them. They had been in Heidleburg touring the castle so that was a lot of fun. I had my usual: mushroom swiss burger with fries and a bowl of skillet queso! MMMMMM







Baby Gadi was watchin Madagascar for the 800th time!





We stayed in the hotel that is connected to the mall which is SUPER nice (brand new) and very cheap. We paid $39 for the night! Can't beat it. We also enjoyed Manchu Wok for lunch that day and Cinnabon for desert that night! The next day we walked around the PX one last time. I really need maternity pants (yes- I am that fat. And it's not the cute fat with a baby bump...its just fat. My worst fear is coming true!) but again I was disappointed so I ended up buying another pair of my favorite Levi's (the no gap waist ones) in the next bigger size (and even THOSE are tighter than I thought...I should have tried them on!) Oh well. We also looked at couches because we both want new couches SO BAD. We bought these when we first got married because they were cheap but nice looking (gotta love Big Lots) and since they are brown we figured it'd be perfect with a dog and when we decide to have kids. Well almost three years later they are getting very flattened out and uncomfortable. Plus we can't comfortably cuddle on one together like we want. Matt really wants a sectional but I don't care what it is as long as I get a recliner OR a sofa that reclines. Now doesn't seem the practical time to buy a new sofa but it's getting pretty miserable...guess that proves you get what you pay for!
In other baby news I will be 12 weeks in two days! YAY!! One more week and I am done with my first trimester!!! :-) The baby must be growing because my tummy has been sore like I pulled a muscle or something so I guess it's stretching out. I have also had more energy the last two days which is amazing and much needed. This house is a disaster!!!! I have still be looking at baby items but I am just getting so frustrated shopping online. I want to FEEL things! Oh and question for those of you going to stores- is there really no more "normal" swings anymore? All I can find are the ones that are on the ground which I'm not crazy about because a) it's drafty down there and b) we have a dog (not that he'd hurt a baby but he WOULD jump in a comfy looking swing and sleep in it!) ?? What happened to the swings that were higher up? I guess I'm just being picky.
Well baby (haha ok ok Mommy) is hungry and I've gotta get started on this cleaning while I still have the energy! My "poor" hubby is recovering from a short bout of food poisoning (we think) so he won't be grilling for us tonight. Guess I'm switching my recipes around on my menu! I'll leave you with some pix of Daddy with his first baby :-)




When Matt came home from work this is where he found Elvis- that's our bathtub lol


Daddy and Son looking at me



Daddy and Son looking at each other!

1 comments:

Kel said...

Awww the pics are so cute! I love the cheeesy smile you have! ;-)) I took one of DJ eating his burger at chili's on his bday I will have to post on facebook..pretty much the same look. It's the first time he has ordered off the adult menu and had a time figuring out how to take a bite..but he got it! lol He and David got the 2 for $20 but he thought the dessert was all his since it was his bday lol.. he did pick which one(in spite of daddy tryin to convince him what was good lol) David should know you don't let em know what you want or you for sure won't get it. Now mom's on the other hand he will ask me hehe..then again he knows I wasn't gonna eat it anyway . I will take a look for swings .. hadn't noticed them being on the ground...then again I haven't had a reason to look til now! Love yall bunches. Glad everyone is feeling better. Love on Elvis for us and pat ur belly for me! Love yall bunches!!!!!

Post a Comment