So two of my friends are in the hospital and today I went to visit them. One of them just had a baby yesterday so it was really neat to hold a newborn knowing that soon I'll be a Mommy and holding my own! My friend is also such a great resource and very helpful. It was also neat to see the maternity ward of the German hospital. It's not TOO bad...not as bad as I was imagining thank goodness. It's definitely not your birthing suites at some of the nicer hospitals in Houston and Dallas but it's decent. They do have a tv (with 1 or 2 english channels) and they do have INTERNET!! YAY!! This means I can webcam (hopefully- the internet is very slow). My friend did have a roommate (a lady on bedrest) but she spoke english so that was nice. I thought it would be awkward visiting with a stranger right there but it's kind of a practiced courtesy to ignore one another. Overall I am reassured that giving birth at this hospital won't be so scary after all. My other friend was on the floor above and is having tummy troubles so keep her in your prayers! Her room wasn't as nice as the maternity ward but thankfully she didn't have a roommate (yet...) We hope she'll be out tomorrow!
22:10
Keeley Barr

2 comments:
Will certainly keep her in our prayers! Glad ya got to see the maternity rooms. Yeah here in Houston it's like a suite huh?? Well hopefully you have a natural birth and get on out of there! Gosh it just doesn't seem real yet... cept I am looking to the right of this page and seeing you are registered.. woohoo..time to go shoppin... I know I know slow my roll.. hehe... love you bunches! Take your vitamins and get plenty of rest ... ok ok... I will save the orders for another time hehe.. I love yall so much. Just watching Matt on that video Kee..seeing how much yal love each other. I just praise God that you and Matt have each other and now baby!!! Gosh .. I looked at that picture of Mary holding you in the hospital...and it just took me right back there...leaving marks on her hands with my nails... lol... good news ... you only took 2 pushes... haha..the rest was placenta expulsion.. dancing soccer stomach muscles hehe....ok it is too early to be bawling like this so I will stop here! XOXOPBPBXOXO
IM so happy for you kee. i love you and miss u so much. i cant wait to find out what the baby will be. i cant wait to be an aunt
Post a Comment