So it's been awhile since I posted- I'll explain later ;-)
We had a wonderful Christmas break. I spent most of it in my PJs which was AMAZING! It's been snowing here all week (blegh) and is supposed to snow a foot this weekend (double blegh!)
Today was my last day as the full time sub in first grade. I cried after my kids left- I'm going to miss them! Overall they are such a great group of kids. We had an assembly today which was the cutest thing ever. Have you ever heard of Flat Stanley? Well he is a paper boy who travels the world in an envelope. It started with a third grade class in 1995. They sent this paper boy to another school in another country. Those kids took pictures with the paper boy all over and wrote letters about his "adventures" which they sent back to the school. This was such a hit that they actually created a chapter book series based on this. Well at our school we have two flat wooden pigs- Wilbur (our mascot) and Schwienella (his wife). These pigs get deployed with the units from our post. Wilbur is already gone and today we bid farewell to Schweinella. They had a the Rear-D (the people who stay back and deploy last) come and show a power point of where Schweinella is going in Afghanistan (including a map of her journey) so the kids can see what they will expect. During the deployment the soldiers will take pictures with Schweinella all over Afghanistan- even with the local children (they showed pictures from Schweinella's last deployment). They will also write the school letters about her adventures. They even honored the Cav kids (Schweinella is deploying with 191cav) by letting them wear brown C's on their shirts and having them line up in a row down the auditorium and then they passed Schweinella (complete with beanie cap since its cold in Afghanistan- and here!) through each kid until she safely reached the Capt.'s hands. Too stinking cute!
Matt also received some good news today. According to his Colonel no one else except the one company is deploying. Now we don't know what he means by this- not deploying as of today, not deploying this year. What? But whatever. I'll take that answer for now I guess. I am for sure coming home when/if he does deploy though so that will be my silver lining in the bad news.
This weekend we are going to relax at home. We will probably be snowed in which is exciting (meaning we can't go anywhere- I like the snow when we don't have to drive in it!) More time to play the Wii (we got Family Game Night for it now) :-)
20:59
Keeley Barr

0 comments:
Post a Comment