Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy 2 weeks Roman!

My precious baby is now 2 weeks old. People ask if it's flying by...in the sense that I'm so tired I forget what day it is! I'm trying so so hard to enjoy and treasure this time but between his not sleeping at night and the pains of BF it's hard. My emotions had calmed down because we were doing better with BF (especially after having a lactation consultant come over) and the nights were bearable but last two days he hasn't been latching on- it's taking 10-30minutes each time! That's really hard at 2am especially when he's screaming and I'm exhausted. Then when he does latch on it hurts SO bad because he can't get that bottom lip out the way he's supposed to (Dr said he's slightly tongue tied)but it takes so long I let him hurt me just so he can eat and we can both sleep. Now my stomach literally aches every time I think about feeding him and suddenly my precious angel looks like a pirahna and I don't want him near my breasts. Then I feel so guilty and like the worst Mama. I hate this!

Last night I also started having shooting pains in my left breast and now all day it's been killing me (like the whole inner area is bruised) and so another lactation consultant said it's probably clogged. Great. Now it hurts to even hold my baby. What part of breast feeding is easy, convenient, or natural?!

Other than those pains and the sleeplessness he is an amazing baby. During the day he does his awake time and is so alert I love it! He does leg work outs with Dad (who can't stop kissing him) and I read to him constantly. He is so focused on the books already! He also loves going for drives and sleeps non stop in his carseat.

Currently Daddy is upstairs for his turn at calming the baby down. I laid him down for a nap at 4pm and he was happy to just lay there with his mobile for about 30 mins then he started wailing. After 10 mins of it I went up there and put in his paci and patted him and he calmed down but as soon as I leave it starts back up again. Another ten mins later I repeated. Same results. Ten mins later Daddy went up there and is trying the same thing. He "sleeps" for a few mins then just starts whimpering then works his way into a full tizzy. Baby Wise is a croc- doesn't take just 30 mins of crying for my little guy! And the most frustrating part is as soon as he gets to sleep it's going to be time to wake him up to feed him. :-( The vicious cycle...

1 comments:

Kel said...

Bless his heart...and yours.. hope you aren't waking him to feed him...silly..he will let ya know when he is hungry. As for BF..you sound just like I did with Kirsten.I was um this is suppose to be so convienent etc...I would literally go up my head board when she latched onto one side..I dreaded it. Your dad hated seeing that as well... so after 6 weeks of what seemed like torture we went to bottles and formula haha... everyone is different and you were a formula baby..as was Jake minus about 2 weeks...he got the good stuff at the beginning then I couldn't handle seeing his little blue self (learning later why he was blue of course) The most important thing is the quality time with him. If you dread the feedings etc...he senses that too..the bottles give you are more bonding time less stress then I say go for it. Your mommy gut will lead ya... don't feel like a bad mommy. Many mommy's see their babies as piranha's lol..love you bunches.. hang in there ... this too shall pass.. xoxo

Post a Comment