Highlights Day 4:
Mommy spent the whole morning with you alone- a first! Daddy slept a little later then went grocery shopping and picked up some lunch for us. After you ate at 9am you were alert for almost two hours!! We talked and I walked around with you showing you things in our hospital room. I also read you your first story- “Great Day for Up” by Dr. Seuss. You did awesome at focusing on the pictures. You listened quietly to the whole story!
You saw most of your family today on the webcam. For Nana, Grandaddy, Jonathan, Marty, Wella, Aunt Kirsten, Uncle Jacob, Aunt Jessah, Uncle Braden, Aunt Ayanna, and Bella you were sleeping but after we changed you and fed you you were wide awake when we talked to Yaya, Aunt Hannah, and Uncle David. Mommy cried when Aunt Jessah and Aunt Ayanna sang “Bye Oh Baby Roman” to you on the camera (they are only 3 years old).
Today has been my favorite day (and least favorite) so far! You were just so alert- for almost 2 hours in the morning with Mommy then another hour and a half with Daddy in the afternoon. We both loved having our own “play time” with you. Daddy spent his singing you Metallica songs and army cadences. He also made you march around and do army drills (attention, about face, forward march, etc)- we have it on video and it’s adorable. You actually looked like you loved it (that’s our Army Brat)! At one time Mommy even heard Daddy singing you an awesome country song called “Lucky Man” which is about a man realizing how lucky he is to have a wife, child, home, etc. I don’t think Daddy knew I could hear him because he was singing it so softly but I did and I cried. Since I didn’t want him to be embarrassed or stop I blamed it on being homesick and the hormones.
Mommy asked Daddy when he wanted to go on our first date this week since everyone said start date night the first week or you never will. Daddy looked shocked and said he wasn’t sure. I said well it’s probably up to Aunt Jen (Mommy’s friend and our neighbor) when she feels up to babysitting since she’s getting back from vacation this week. Daddy asked, “When was the last time Jen’s taken care of a newborn though??” with a panicked voice. “Um Matt- she has a two year old so it hasn’t been long…” I laughed at him. Then he was worried about you getting hungry and needing a bottle (since we aren’t starting you on a bottle until after two weeks) and I explained we could just go right after I fed you and be back before your next feeding (3 hours max)- I told Daddy, “Babe I just mean going out to eat or something- not going out and partying!” but he was so scared you would get hungry and cry non stop and Jen wouldn’t be able to feed you. Daddy still looked so sad and worried and kept looking down and kissing you (you were on his chest) so I asked if he would feel better if we postponed date night until AFTER you started on a bottle. He looked so relieved you’d have thought I just told a dying person he was going to live!
Oh the hormones! I’ve cried so much today! At my usual times such as when Daddy has to leave or when they take you to the nursery at night but I also cried talking on the webcam to my own little brothers and sisters and again when I talked to my godmother- your Grandma. I cried randomly in our room several times, in the bathroom, and walking down the hall. I’m tearing up right now- for no reason!! Ugh it’s been rough. Oh yeah and I also cried just about every time I looked at Daddy holding you and seeing how beautiful you are and how much Daddy loves you. I do too.
This night went very great! I fed you at 9pm and the nurse forced me to send you to the nursery then (I guess it looked liked I needed the sleep bad…) and you stayed in there until 2am! Then you ate your usual time (about 25 minutes) and then passed right back out like a good boy. You went back to the nursery at 2:30am and they brought you to me (still asleep) at 5:30 but you stayed asleep until 6am and again- you ate like a champ with no latching on problems! WHOO!!
Today I thought about how soon you would be one week old then one month then one year and of course I cried. I don't want you to grow up!!
08:34
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
Awwww you are amazing lil one.. those memories.. those thoughts.. amazing... and ask anyone I bawled with you.. just amazed.. of course I had nana and mary bawling with me.. you are so loved.. and Roman is soo loved and Matt.. you are just as loved ... can't wait to make memories with yall... and Lucky Man IS A GREAT SONG .. makes me bawl driving down the road I can imagine seeing the father of my child holding them and singing it omg I tear up saying that picturing Matt and Roman... I love yall
Post a Comment