Day 5:
Busy day in Roman’s life! This morning after your 9am feeding you were nice and awake but since Mommy had to go see the Dr you had to go to the nursery. When I left you, you were just looking all around and studying everything you saw. When I picked you up about thirty minutes later you were the same way! Such a smart baby.
After lunch our chaplain- Mijikai Mason- came to visit. He came right as I was cleaning up from feeding you so he had to wait a few minutes. When he came in he admired your tiny body and your beautiful name. After only a minute the nurse came to take us to get you circumcised but Ch. Mason held you and said a blessing over you. Mommy felt much better about that.
This afternoon you were circumcised. Mommy was alone because Daddy had to go back into work to do some paperwork and she felt SO bad. She fought back tears the entire walk to the urologist and in the waiting room. You were a happy baby but Mommy was a wreck. I kept rubbing your hands and telling you sorry over and over. They wouldn’t let me stay with you so I had to go for a walk for about fifteen minutes while the procedure was done. I went only to the lobby and sat on a couch and stared at my cell phone clock watching the minutes tick by. I said when it had been ten minutes I would slowly walk back to the waiting room. Then I sat in the waiting room and said when it had been two more minutes I would go back to the urologist door. When I was outside I heard you crying but as soon as I walked up you had stopped. Two minutes later they brought you out to me and you were your same ole studying self. I think the drugs they gave you made you a little loopy so you just did some crazy eyes before dozing off. But that only lasted about 15 minutes. Daddy got there while we were waiting to be allowed to go back to our room and you decided you were ready to nurse again (although it had only been about an hour and a half). Mommy was getting VERY angry at the nurse for taking so long to come get us but she just walked around with you and sang “Bye oh Baby” and you fussed some and slept some. By the time we got back to our room you were VERY upset.
You spent the rest of the afternoon nursing every 1-2 hours and when you weren’t nursing you were sleeping but it was a very fussy sleep. You cried out for about 10 seconds every 30 seconds. I got tired of singing “Bye oh Baby” but couldn’t think of any other songs where I knew all the words except “Whiskey Lullaby” so I sang that. You loved it! I think it was the “La la la la” part. Not exactly an age appropriate song but it was a peaceful melody (when I told Daddy the next day he laughed at me for singing you a song like that). I was SO worried about you because this was a completely different baby than the one I had before. At about 9:30pm after you nursed I got you to sleep finally and the nurse came and took you to the nursery where you must have slept very hard because she didn’t bring you back until almost 2am! Mommy needed that rest but by 1am she was worried about you being hungry. You nursed quickly then fell back asleep and stayed that way until almost 6am
20:43
Keeley Barr

0 comments:
Post a Comment