Ok so my last post was depressing- I was bawling my eyes out while writing. Turns out I was not only exhausted but also sick. I started having the major chills after writing that and I had a 101 fever! I took tylenol and cried to Jen (Matt was out) about crying and my breast pain and the exhaustion. She wanted to take the baby for the night but I wasn't ready for that yet. Plus we hadn't done a bottle yet so wanted to have that settled before anything. Matt gave Roman his first bottle and he took 45mins to drink it (2oz)!!! I rechecked my temp and it had gone up to 102. Bah! I just sat in the chair in a daze and Matt had Roman. I didn't breast feed or pump just sat there. Rechecked temp (2hrs after first time and tylenol) and it was 103! Decided to go to the hospital so Roman went to Aunt Jen's. Dr at hospital checked my breast and my incision and neither was infected so she sent me home with fever meds. That night was MISERABLE! I kept having chills/sweats alternating. Matt tried to deal with baby all night but towards the end I just held him while I slept. I did sleep better though which helped the next morning. The next day I still had a 103 fever so I headed to our clinic on post where she referred me to go back to my OB at the hospital. My OB did an inner and outer ultrasound to check my uterus (the Dr at the clinic was worried I was still bleeding too much- especially clots) and a pelvic exam. My uterus isn't shrinking as fast as she'd like to see since it's larger and heart shaped and there's lots of blood clots inside so she gave me meds for that. She also checked my breast which she said was firmer than the right so she thinks it was or is starting to get infected. She sent me to the lactation consultant who had me pump so she could test the milk in that breast plus she wanted to see if I was making too much milk (I'm not). So bottom line they didn't know for sure why I had a fever but by Sunday (this was Friday) I was fever free. Today (Tuesday) I've been fever free for 24hrs! After the hospital on Friday we relaxed at home and I still fought with the fever/chills/sweats all day and napped while Matt was on baby duty alllll day long. Saturday I still had a low fever of 100-101 so we spent another day of just relaxing. That night someone was supposed to bring us dinner but didn't so we got Popeyes- BIG mistake. When Roman woke up for his 245 feeding I had to run to the bathroom while Matt made the bottle. Then HE had to run to the bathroom. Half way through the bottle I had to run back to the other bathroom and Roman just had to cry- HORRIBLE. After that agony and feeing him I still had to pump then he didn't want to sleep- NOT fun. We still made it up in the morning and got to church though. The new chaplain introduced Roman to everyone but Roman didn't care- he spent half the service kicked back on my legs and the other half snuggled on Jen's chest. After church Mommy and baby napped before our best friends came over for some bbq and movies and just good time. Roman of course stayed on his Aunt Jen the whole time but that left me free to play with my favorite toddler! We took out Roman's new toys we bought like his learning kitchen set and blocks and had a ball. That night was better sleep wise but for some reason I was even more tired so we spent the morning in bed watching movies on tv and dozing and then that afternoon we deep cleaned the house before Matt went back to work. Makes it easier for me to just stay on top of. Thank goodness I have a husband who doesn't mind helping me clean!
Today was my first day alone with Roman but not really. I had to get up and get both of us ready (including a shower for this stinky mommy) plus eat breakfast and such by 11pm. Roman went to the Dr for his well baby check up so Matt came home to pick us up (I'm still not supposed to carry the carseat and while I could have went alone it's nice to "milk" it with the army and have Matt along). We have a very healthy baby who weighs 7.72lbs and is now 22in long! We aren't sure the guy measuring did it very accurately but still he's growing!! The Dr also said she's liberal when it comes to frenulectomies (cutting the tongue tied thing) but she said he doesn't need it. She also hinted that I should start back up on the breast feeding rather than pumping but it's not her breasts so who cares what she says! Matt likes the bottles- I like the bottles and Roman doesn't care. Seriously! Nipple confusion? Ha! This kid likes two different binkies (MaM and Nuk) and has had 3 different bottles all with no problem. As for his milk he doesn't care if it's nice and frosty or warm and toasty just stick it in his mouth already! LOVE it!! Who wants a picky baby? Not moi! Anywho we spent the rest of the afternoon napping, feeding, pumping, and cuddling. He's been sleeping allllll day (But was up all morning) so I hope this isn't bad for tonight.
So what else is new with Roman? Well he smiles alot more now- and no it's not gas. I don't care what you say. He passes gas 24/7 no problems and without smiling. He responds to noise such as when we call his name from one ear or the other he turns his head to you. He's tracking with his eyes (he followed Matt it was too cute). He likes his swing but only in short spurts at a time. Still doesn't like bouncy too much (or the vibrations on his crib- so much for wasting money on that! Maybe when he's bigger...) He naps in his own crib with the curtains open, light on, and CD player going (trying to keep daytime different than nightime). The boy has explosive diapers constantly. Every time he eats he poops and last two days he's doing extras in between feedings as well! Can't wait for that to slow down... He's peed on me many times (I always catch it with my hand or a wipe but still annoying). As we speak he's on the floor on his tummy time mat passed out but still farting. Definitely our kid.
What's to come? Well Matt is so ready for him not to be in our room anymore. I'm half and half. Half of me loves having him right by me and the other half agrees and says we'd sleep better if he was in his own room and able to fuss himself to sleep. Right now I don't like for him to fuss too much since Matt has to get up and go to work. Plus I'm so tempted to put him in our bed every night just so he doesn't fuss and I get more sleep...I asked my PWOC president and wife of our chaplain who I love and trust and she has never had either of her boys in her room. She said from Day 1 they slept in their own cribs and they had a monitor but after 4 days of hearing all his little noises they turned it off. She said they just prayed over him every night that God would keep him safe in his sleep. I can do that- I already do in our own room! Plus my monitor can be muted but I can still see him...we shall see we shall see...never thought I'd be this way as a Mom! But that's a whole other post...
17:30
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
I am so proud of yal Kee.Yal are doing wonderful. Sounds as if routine is starting to kick in and before ya know it you will be changing him half asleep and be back asleep yourself and not have that worn out feeling the next day. Jen has no idea how much thanks we give God for putting her across the street for you as well. We all want to be there ( I speak for all but I am sure they agree) but to know you have her eases our minds. We include her family in prayers as well. Love you so much babygirl! Kiss Roman for Yaya..I got the webcam working (I hope) so I will get Skype back on ...just hate calling afraid I will wake you lol.. I know I told you tell me if you are busy but the waking up part I hate to think of doing. Anyway I do pray and think of yal daily non stop almost. The picture of you holding him looking at him is my wallpaper on my phone so I see yal all the time lol (yeah I know phone junkie) lol... Have a blessed day and we will talk to you soon! xoxoxo mommy/Yaya
Post a Comment