Thursday, August 5, 2010

Roman is home and 5 days old!

Day 6 (Roman is 5 Days Old)

This morning we got to go home! They released us in the morning and we got out of there as fast as we can. We were so so excited to take you to your first home and all be there together as a family. We dressed you in the only newborn sleeper we had- a gift from Tia Gina- with adorable puppy dog feet. You are even more precious than I knew. When we first put you in the car seat you fussed because you didn’t want to be messed with but as soon as we stopped messing with you you just passed right out- snug as a bug in a rug! You had car seat straps with monkey heads on them that you clutched the whole time- looked like you were squeezing your boobies ;-) I loved walking through the hospital with you and people smiling as they stared at our amazing family. It made me feel so proud- Daddy too. We made you!! After snapping some pictures and getting you into the car Daddy drove us carefully home. He joked that he was only going to go 10km but he went the speed limit- he was just very cautious about other drivers! You slept the whole time. First we stopped at the mail room and you fussed some so we decided to go on home so I could feed you.

Our first feeding at home went well but I cried the whole time because it hit me that you are mine. They actually let me keep you! And it hit me that I didn’t have a nurse at the push of a button to come reassure me that you are ok…I’m so scared I’ll do something wrong or something bad will happen to you. Or to me or Daddy. I don’t want any of us to ever be separated. Mommy decided then and there that Daddy is getting out of the Army in 2014 even if it means she has to support us for awhile!

After the feeding our friend Nancy stopped by with a cake, cupcakes, and cookies! They were so yummy. She held you and we shared delivery stories. When she left we took you shopping for the first time to the PX for some newborn clothes! We weren’t expecting you to be so teeny! Again you loved the car seat and were a perfect baby at the PX. When we got home Mommy was starving but so were you- and you won. Daddy made us spaghetti and ate while I fed you then we switched. He put you in your bouncy seat and talked to you. He also took a video of you (where you look JUST like him when he was a baby) and tried to call Nanna to tell her about it. It still melts my heart seeing the love he haves for you.

You first night at home…was not easy. We fed you at 925-950 & 1015-1020 (after diaper), 1155-1210 (right after we crawled in bed), 125-145, you fussed at 2am but mommy let you fuss back to sleep (about 5 mins), woke at 3 and fussed/cried (mommy kept putting in paci but it falling out. My arm was killing me from leaning over your portacrib) til 4 when we nursed 4-415 &420-430, 640-650 &655-705 & 710-720 (kept falling asleep, changed diaper, etc) then slept til 9:50! Phew!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment