Wow so today FLEW by but that's because I was SO busy! This morning I went to PWOC and it was so much fun chatting with all the girls. I'm going to miss them next semester! Maybe I can convince them to attend the Monday night PWOC as well...
As soon as that wrapped up I went straight to the school and did my background check. At first the secretaries were saying I had to wait until one but I made it clear I wasn't leaving so they finally sent me to the library where the aide helped me with the computer. Man she wasn't kidding when she said I'd be gray headed before I was through! Even having that packet filled out it still took an hour and a half! And in the end I didn't even have to do it right then! Ugh she said I had 14 days but she just needed it before I actually started. Oh and the whole needing 10 years of addresses- even after telling her that I was 12 ten years ago- psssh I only needed 10 years OR until I was 16yrs old!! Dang that's annoying. But she highlighted the things I missed like dates, etc and I'll go back the day before I start to fix it. I also have to have my fingerprints scanned and printed.
When I left the school I went straight across the street to the commissary and bought the ingredients to make my friend Melissa dinner. She just had a baby a week ago so we've all taken turns cooking her dinner. Then I went home and cooked her dinner as well as started cooking my pumpkin spice muffins. I got the dinner done and one batch of muffins then I had to take the food over to her house and rush to Ledward for our FRG meeting. After a very brief FRG meeting, Jen and I ran to the commissary again while waiting on Matt to get off.
After all this I finally got to come home. And make us dinner and the remaining 3 dozen muffins. And clean the kitchen. Whooo I'm enjoying sitting here :-) Friday I am babysitting a 4 yr old girl for the afternoon and on Monday I'm going to volunteer in the classroom I am going to be student teaching in! I figure I'll volunteer there every day until I begin subbing and when I'm not subbing. The more the kids get to know me now I figure the more comfortable they'll be with me student teaching.
Speaking of student teaching I've confirmed with my supervisor, gotten registered for my content test the first week of December, and had UTT send me the supervisor handbook/rubrics. WhooooO!
19:41
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
Wow.. you were a busy lil bee! I got tired reading all that! I am soo excited you will be in the school next week. That will help so much ... I love you and can't wait to hear all about the stories you will have to tell! xoxo mom
Post a Comment