Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Want a BABY!

Ok so Jen called me at about 4 and told me Barreto was having another allergic reaction and that if it got worse she wondered if I'd take the baby. Not 10 minutes later she called and asked for the ambulance phone number and to ask me to come for the baby. I guess the rash spread quickly and he was having other symptoms I won't disclose so it was bad. Anyways I got to hang out at her house with the baby for about 30 minutes then I took him to pick up Matt for dinner. In the car he was so cute, he was bobbing his head to Trace Atkins =-) We got Matt and then went to Conn to get Matt burger king but they had closed earlier so we tried Popeyes but they had just closed so we were forced to go back to Ledward. Matt got practice taking the baby in and out of a car seat as well as feeding one in public. Oh and changing a poopy diaper in the seat of a car lol. The baby and I came back and he played for an hour or so with Bedtime Elmo in the background (I've gotta get that kid some Barney!) and then about 8 I put in Lilo and Stitch and he snuggled up with me and watched it for an HOUR before getting fussy! He drank a bottle but was still awake so I took him in the bedroom where it was dark and cold and rocked him. 6 minutes of playing with my hair and he was passed out. Jen picked him up at about 10...I almost cried when he left! Was hoping to have a snuggle buddy for the night. After he left I just watched the rest of the new Gossip Girl episodes- so good! Now I'm gonna go read some more of "First Days of School" by Harry Wong. I can't wait to start teaching!!!

Barreto has to stay the night in the hospital and here in Germany people can't stay the night with you without paying a $50 euro "hotel" fee- crazy right?!?! Hopefully he'll see the doctor and get this figured out! I know Jen is very frustrated because it's hard to understand the German doctors plus not having her family there with her so please keep them all in your prayers.

1 comments:

Kel said...

Oh gosh..give him my best for a speedy recovery! The twirling hair thing made me think of Jake and the face! awwww miss those days! I am sure you will have a ball tomorrow too! Love you xoxo And hey .... you will have a baby when He is ready for you to have a baby. This yr or 3 yrs...His timing isn't always ours!

Post a Comment