Wow the last two days have FLOWN by!! More proof that I'll be better when I have a full time job! Yesterday I volunteered in the class that I will be student teaching in next semester and it was great. I really like the teacher and according to her I have a very calm demeanor and the kids responded great to me. She even told the principal that :-) I left the class at 12:30 and worked on my background check again, but she still found more things wrong with it lol. After that I went and got my fingerprints done. Then I went home to walk Elvis and take a breather lol. BUT in the middle of my breather I remembered I had forgotten to go by Matt's school and tell them he'd be absent and get his syllabus and lab sheet for him. Thankfully I got there before they closed. After that I went to Jen's where I had a wonderful dinner with her and we just hung out with the baby- who wasn't in the best form for once- and talked and watched Grey's.
Today I went to the school again until 12:30 then I met up with 5 other wives for lunch. It was SO GOOD to hang out with other wives and just chat. About everything. It was such strange grouping lol. We had 2 enlisted wives (myself and another), 4 officer wives, 1 was a doctor and the other a nurse, 1 a former teacher, only 1 had kids (shocking!), the other works at the daycare, everyone has their degree, the age range was 22-34, and 4 of us were in the same unit- 3 in the same company! I loved it!! It will definitely have to be a reoccurring event lol. The food was excellent and not expensive and the service FAST! Especially for a restaurant in Germany lol. After the lunch I went back to the school for a faculty meeting. It was funny because they were going over how make their objectives with higher thinking verbs like in Bloom's and we did that SO MUCH at UTT- especially in Dr. Packer's curriculum class! My mentor teacher was shocked to hear that and actually asked to see my school stuff because they've never done this at their school! However I was not impressed with this meeting because some women were very rude and talked the whole time. Ugh! It's amazing that teacher's complain about students who do this in their class but they don't practice what they preach! After the meeting I had another short breather at home and then went to church to volunteer for the children's Christmas play. It was the first practice and it was a little chaotic but I think it will be very cute.
I've been so busy I haven't had time to miss Matt- except at night. He's doing good. He likes the class and he's got a couple of friends there for different reasons so he's hanging with the guys.
Tomorrow is PWOC and then I'm going to school for the afternoon and then Jen and I will be hanging out again!
Hope the rest of you are having as good as week as I am!
21:19
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
I was wondering how it was going.. other then a comment here or there on FB hadn't talked to ya. I have been away from the puter though.. stupid mouth..uggh.. anyway I knew once ya got to work and stayed busy you would love it more and it would fly! I love you and miss you and love to "hear"(read) joy in your words... xoxo mommy
Post a Comment