Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Friends Make Me Happy :-)

I FINALLY heard from Adri today!! I've called her a couple of times last couple of weeks AND facebooked her a bunch and she said she'd been trying to call me as well. Ah silly internet. Sadly we were disconnected and I couldn't call her back BOO but we had a good talk none the less. I also got a myspace message from Monica saying she'd call me this weekend. That was another friend that was MIA.

Last couple of weeks I've been VERY homesick. So has Matt. That's all we talk about at home is "home" aka Texas. It's especially hard when you hear about people you love going through hard times back home and you just want to be there with them for whatever they need. It feels like if we were stationed anywhere in the states then I could just fly wherever I'm needed and be there but alas I can't from here. (Yes, I said "alas." You know you liked it.)

What's even more frustrating is that the Army doesn't even NEED Matt here! Here's my logic: in Ft. Hood Matt worked on vehicles EVERY day. There was no one else but soldiers working there. Here in Germany Matt has worked on vehicles twice BARELY. They have contracted civilians doing his job. So in reality the Army is paying TWO people for the same job. How is that practical?? If they sent us back to Ft Hood that would be one less person here they're paying for (including COLA, etc)! Come on!!! I should run the Army... it's SO obvious that men run it.
But today Matt and I vowed to give it to God and to quit talking about it at home. It only makes the homesickness worse and it doesn't help anything. Just breeds more negativity. So yeah.

Good news: we got our passports in! Bad news: I can't get a hold of Lily and plane ticket prices go up every day! They've already gone up $27 in one day!! By tomorrow it may be to ridiculous for now....*sigh* I don't know. Guess it's in Lily's hands lol. Silly girl- who doesn't check facebook daily??

Other good news: found people from UTT on blogger. Now it'll feel like I'm still there with them at UTT gossiping in the offices hehehe ;-) Miss you guys!

1 comments:

Kel said...

Ah babygirl.. trust me when I say I understand! The first holiday away will be the hardest.. but just thank God for skype and webcams. You can see your siblings that are growing everyday if ya want. You are totally missed here.. but like you said you hand it over to God.. let Him work His plan for you. There is a reason for everything good and bad that happens. I am so proud of yall Kee. To be so young I think you have it down way better than any of us back here... that is sad haha.. but you know what I mean. Life is what it is... there is not much you can do but live it and do the next right thing and trust that God knows what he is doing. When Kassie died and that stupid man went shopping for hunting stuff leaving me in the room alone to grieve.. THAT was a time I wanted sooo bad to be back home with family and friends who cared. I had friends in Adak but they had flown me to Anchorage.. sooo.. then gramps passed but I had just had her and still recovering from toxins so I couldn't go home.. I thought man I am not gonna make it.. but I at that time still knew I had to turn to God..and it all worked out.. you and I came home for the summer... and well... i did survive those 3 yrs.. I love you ... and it will all work out! xoxoxoxo mommy

Post a Comment